Best surroudn speakers system for 9.2 onkyo nr1008 pairing !! Need advice !!!!

priya_19

Hi folks !!

My first posting here, and can't pretend to knwo a whole lot about HiFi ..but know what i like --generally.

JSut bought a ONKYO NR1008 - need ur help in suggestign appropriate SPeaker system ..it is a 9.2 capable receiver ...

within 2 - 2.5 lakh rupees budget - i have a 17 X 27 ft room that i want otisntall thsi in ..

many thanx in advance ..

regs
priya

Priya, there are a number of brands that will be available at that budget. You should do an auditioning of a few brands such as Martin Logan, Def Tech, Paradigm, etc., to decide which one your ear likes. Are you also considering room acoustics? What are you doing for source?

Cheers

dear venkat - many thanx for your reply. heard ur the king of hifi and so it is good to get ur views.

for source, i am looking at a 3d blue ray player - either a sony or pionner bdp series, and tata sky HD - primarily.

how would u comapre teh names u suggested with the likes of the Dali Ikon6, the B&W 800 or 900 series ... i like a little extra thump / bass in my sub, and am thinking of a 9.2 config. I am thinking HDMI all the way should improve the signal authenticity.

For acoustics, i am thinking of jsut doign the standard wood panelling ...english library types.

also, i understand that prices in the us are about half to a third of what htye are in teh us, woudl u suggest i pick these up in the us and ship them to india ..i am gettign a shipload of home furniture in a few months anyways.

particualrly, given that the speakers (except sub) will nto have any power driver ...the voltage / frequency ar enon-issues ... am i right ?

would appreciate any insight u can provide.

thx
priya

A couple of things to remember.

(1) You have to get a Blu-Ray player that is region free for both Blu-Ray and DVD.

(2) You can certainly get speakers from anywhere, provided you know the exact speakers you want. What people usually do is to audition a number of speakers and then choose the one they like.

Cheers

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back