Best VFM Audio Video Receiver/Amplifier

laghusikarwar

Hello dear Hifi friends,

Here i need your suggestion on buying a value for money Audio video Receiver (like, onkyos or yamahas, etc of the world). I have been baffled by the choices and can't seem to make head or tail out of it.

My requirements are following:

1. A AVR system which has a digital or co-axial audio out ( i want it to power my Logitech Z5500 speakers)

2. Video upscaling will be preferred but is not mandatory.

3. 3D pass should be there for future proofing my purchase

4. i watch movie 70% of the time and 30% goes into listening to music

My budget - max 25,000 INR

Current Set up

1. 32 inch HD Ready Panasonic LCD
2. Philips DVD Player
3. Logitech Z5500 speakers set up

Can't understand as to what is it that i should buy? Advice please!!

Models you should consider are Yamaha 371, Denon 1312, Onkyo 508 etc. For 26K you can buy yamaha 471 and for around 28K denon 1612.

Models you should consider are Yamaha 371, Denon 1312, Onkyo 508 etc. For 26K you can buy yamaha 471 and for around 28K denon 1612.

Thanks @baijuxavior would you be able to elaborate on what sets these models apart and why i should look at them and not the others.

These are entry level models that suit your budget. All these support 3D, HD audio etc and so are future proof. The Onkyo 508 is 7.1 and the others are 5.1.

i was planning to take audio out from the amp and connect it to my z5500 control pod. that is the only way i can think about using z5500 with an amp. Any idea if any of the models that you mentioned will have a digital or co-axial audio out?

What are your sources apart from the dvd player? These AVRs don't have optical or coaxial outputs. They have only inputs. When the avr can decode all the audio formats, why would you like to use the logitech speaker to do the decoding? If your speaker impedance is 6ohm or above you can connect them to the avr and upgrade your speakers later.

the problem is that the speakers of Logitech z5500 derive their power through the sub. i am not sure if they can be connected to the amp. If they can what will become of my sub? How will it get the signal?

Does the sub woofer unit contain 5.1 analog inputs? If so then the sub out of AVR can be connected to the sub in of logitech. Please note that these avrs have only 5 amplifiers. For subwoofer you will need to use a powered or active sub.

If your usage is 70% movies, why not opt for HTiB like Onkyo HT-S3400 which will come for less than 25K. You can always use your logitech as secondary system.

Hello dear Hifi friends,

Here i need your suggestion on buying a value for money Audio video Receiver (like, onkyos or yamahas, etc of the world). I have been baffled by the choices and can't seem to make head or tail out of it.

My requirements are following:

1. A AVR system which has a digital or co-axial audio out ( i want it to power my Logitech Z5500 speakers)

2. Video upscaling will be preferred but is not mandatory.

3. 3D pass should be there for future proofing my purchase

4. i watch movie 70% of the time and 30% goes into listening to music

My budget - max 25,000 INR

Current Set up

1. 32 inch HD Ready Panasonic LCD
2. Philips DVD Player
3. Logitech Z5500 speakers set up

Can't understand as to what is it that i should buy? Advice please!!

Your logitec Z 5500 hasDTS/DD processor and amp ,with modern AVR those will be useless

First sell them and buy good HTIB like ONKYO 3400

If your usage is 70% movies, why not opt for HTiB like Onkyo HT-S3400 which will come for less than 25K. You can always use your logitech as secondary system.

Your logitec Z 5500 hasDTS/DD processor and amp ,with modern AVR those will be useless

First sell them and buy good HTIB like ONKYO 3400

so going by what you guys are suggesting, i need to sell off my year old z5500 and then look for a HTIB. i am not sure if onkyo 3400 will be able to match up to my ears who are used to listening to the boom of z5500 especially since it has a passive sub :(

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back