Best way to play music from mobile to AV Receiver

rhythm

Hi,

I have below mentioned components

1. Denon X3500H
2. Polk TSI 100
3. Schiit - Modi 2
4. Android Phone

I want to stream music from my phone to Denon receiver. I tried Bluetooth but most of the time AV Receiver failed to show up on my phone. When it did there was lot of pause.

So help me with better way to connect my phone to receiver.

Hi,

I have below mentioned components

1. Denon X3500H
2. Polk TSI 100
3. Schiit - Modi 2
4. Android Phone

I want to stream music from my phone to Denon receiver. I tried Bluetooth but most of the time AV Receiver failed to show up on my phone. When it did there was lot of pause.

If you are going to use your android phone as a streamer then your setup will be
Mobile > OTG > Modi2 > AVR > SPEAKERS

Or else you need to add a dedicated streamer like CCA or wiim mini or Rpi and feed it to modi2.

else you need to add a dedicated streamer like CCA or wiim mini or Rpi and feed it to modi2

I guess I will go with dedicated streamer route. Read some online review wiim mini seems to be good option, but it is out of stock. Any idea from where I can buy it.

I guess I will go with dedicated streamer route. Read some online review wiim mini seems to be good option, but it is out of stock. Any idea from where I can buy it.
Revolverclub used to sell them but even they are out of stock now. Instead you could try the HifiBerry Digi+ Standard with RPI 3 B Bundle currently on sale in our forum. You need to buy a low noise smps like allo nirvana available with fabtolab.

If you are going to use only Bluetooth then ifi zen air blue can also be consider. In this case you will not be able to use your dac.

Forgot to mention, Hifiberry has got optical out which can be directly fed to your av receiver. But again your dac will be useless. Instead you take the spdif out from hifiberry and feed your dac and then from dac to av receiver.

IMO HifiBerry Digi+ Standard with RPI 3 B Bundle is a much versatile option than wiim mini or ifi zen air blue

Your Denon is network capable, which means you can directly stream music to the AVR via your home network.
If you are a Apple user, you will find Air Play as an option listed under Apple Music.
Amazon Music App also lets you stream direct to the AVR via the App.
Your AVR will automatically list under the music app once connected to the network.

Your Denon is network capable, which means you can directly stream music to the AVR via your home network.
If you are a Apple user, you will find Air Play as an option listed under Apple Music.
Your AVR will automatically list under the music app once connected to the network

Thanks @sandeepmohan . I was also reading about network related features of the receiver. I understand that I need to download HEOS App and use it as streamer. I am not sure whether I understand fully, but I will surely try this.

Your AVR will automatically list under the music app once connected to the network.
Thanks for pointing out. I did not go through the avr spec before commenting.

Glad that it worked out.
To be clear, the Denon HEOS app is not required to stream music from popular music streaming apps such as Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, etc. The AV receiver should list up automatically on these apps once connected to the network.
Even if you are trying to play music stored on a computer, your playback software will indicate an option as to output audio to your Denon as long as the computer is connected to the same home network.

Correct.

Download the HEOS app.
Then you can play music from your phone on the receiver.

The solution that I prefer :
- copy all your music files onto a USB drive
- connect the USB drive to your receiver
- The use the HEOS app on your phone as a controller to browse the files an play music.

I assume that you are trying to play music locally stored on your phone.
The solution above is for that.

If you are streaming, say from Spotify connect, you don not need to do any of this.
Your receiver is already Spotify Connect enabled.
Just go to the Spotify app and choose the device to play on.

Hope this helps.

Get an android box,mi 4k box or firestick,google chromecast with tv new launched.play youtube or cast from phone.simple

Get an android box,mi 4k box or firestick,google chromecast with tv new launched.play youtube or cast from phone.simple
Thanks. As mentioned in previous comments my AVR is network capable. So I am directly streaming music to the AVR via home network. In spotify app I see the option of playing music directly from Denon receiver without bluetooth. This is how I am playing the music now.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back