Beware of Ebay seller bollywoodshoppe aka gobolly

GoldenGoose

I have had the extremely sad experience of purchasing from this likely con-man. Real name Arvind Agarwal. I want to warn others to be very careful with spending their hard earned money with this person.

What I have noticed is this is what they likely do-

1. Pay for sponsored posts on Ebay
2. Prey on inexperienced, casual buyers
3. Advertise extremely shoddy record, with no clear grading system
4. Charge up to anything of 4-5x the market value

I have seen records worth $90 Mint sold by bollywoodshoppe at $380 grade VG. What the hell is going on? The first ever record I bought was from this individual at VG+/VG+. Later it was confirmed to be grade Fair/VG. This isn’t a grading error or honest mistake. This is intentional fraud by bollywoodshoppe aka gobolly aka Arvind Agarwal.

Arvind Agarwal is preying on likely elderly and unknowing buyers who want to experience the joy of their youth. He leeches money off these people and needs to be stopped.

Does anyone have more information about this individual?

I have had the extremely sad experience of purchasing from this likely con-man. Real name Arvind Agarwal. I want to warn others to be very careful with spending their hard earned money with this person.

I have seen records worth $90 Mint sold by bollywoodshoppe at $380 grade VG. What the hell is going on? The first ever record I bought was from this individual at VG+/VG+. Later it was confirmed to be grade Fair/VG. This isn’t a grading error or honest mistake. This is intentional fraud by bollywoodshoppe aka gobolly aka Arvind Agarwal.

Arvind Agarwal is preying on likely elderly and unknowing buyers who want to experience the joy of their youth. He leeches money off these people and needs to be stopped.

Saddened to hear. Giving him the least possible rating seems to be the only way with eBay ( not sure if reporting such sellers makes a difference) but you can surely try that. There must be a way to spread awareness wrt such cheap skate fraudsters, m sure the veterans here would better guide you with what steps could be taken.

Thanks for sharing sir. Sadly this is all we can do. Warn likely buyers about potential fraudsters. And fondly hope no one else falls prey 🙈

Saddened to hear. Giving him the least possible rating seems to be the only way with eBay ( not sure if reporting such sellers makes a difference) but you can surely try that. There must be a way to spread awareness wrt such cheap skate fraudsters, m sure the veterans here would better guide you with what steps could be taken.

Thank you. Sadly the paid sponsored effect on Ebay is too strong. Type in any vinyl record from India and bollywoodshoppe comes up. Inexplicably there is positive reviews. If one reads further though there are negative reviews. It seems like even negative reviews won’t stop someone on EBay, they of course value large scale sellers. I have lost money and it hurts to be scammed this way.

Thanks for sharing sir. Sadly this is all we can do. Warn likely buyers about potential fraudsters. And fondly hope no one else falls prey 🙈

I think most customers of bollywoodshoppe are inexperienced buyers of a few vinyl records. Anyone using Discogs will see these records are badly overgraded and overpriced.

People like Arvind Agarwal are out and out shameless scammers. Hopefully karma gets them.

In such emotional merchandise like music, they come and exploit the situation. It’s actually the perfect scam. Buyer doesn’t even realise that they are cheated until too late.

If I were particular I would stop right here.

Did you buy this LP from eBay or his shop (assuming he has a brick & mortar store)

From Ebay. Sadly I bought LP’s from bollywoodshoppe when I had zero knowledge about records.

Due to the sponsored posts on Ebay, type in pretty much any record from the Indian music scene and Arvind’s will come up first.

It’s the fact he takes VG- items and prices them at Mint levels and calls it ‘Rare, hard to find’. A quick look to Discogs will show multiple on sale at a fraction of the price.

I am aghast at this scam and cannot believe it’s going on. If anyone has more to share please do. It’s truly vile

If I were particular I would stop right here.

Did you buy this LP from eBay or his shop (assuming he has a brick & mortar store)

I am now going to restrict purchasing to only local sellers. Buying from distant lands is tricky as sellers like bollywoodshoppe are too far away to confront.

Just curious, how does he have 100% feedback then?

Just curious, how does he have 100% feedback then?

This is what is so baffling. But the items he is selling are usually 4-5x the usual market value. A knowledgable buyer won’t buy from bollywoodshoppe as they can see straight away that this is way overpriced with green tape on the seams etc. But the buyer who is purchasing probably thought everything is fine as it should be and gives the reviews.

Also to maintain the likely scam, not each item sent out will be diabolical. Yes each one overpriced but the over grading will have to be tempered.

This is a highly dangerous individual who has no sense of karma.

@GoldenGoose - completely off-top; but where is Gondowa? & sorry for your ordeal!

It’s a was a reference to the ancient super-continent of Earth from around 440ma. Although I believe the proper spelling is Gondwana, silly me 🤭

I try and keep out of nationalities etc. I am just a Goose who likes music.

Even other sellers in India understand about bollywoodshoppe. Problem is I am finding it difficult to find a trusted seller in India. If anyone knows please share.

I just want to upload some photos in regards to bollywoodshoppe aka Arvind Agarwal.

I was sold this vinyl as VG+.

The images may not show clearly, but there is zero shine. I have never witnessed a record like that.

My aim is to prevent any other lovers of music to not be cheated by bollywoodshoppe aka gobolly aka Arvind Agarwal.

Any information in regards to him will be appreciated.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back