Beware of Fraudulent Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONEMANARMY

With so much buying and selling on or through this forum maybe a feedback system could help weed out the chaff from the grain

alitaher2009 was banned as well as his next attempt as murtuz.
We now have info that he is on here as tahakarim and abid90

Request all forum members to be aware.

Regards

Hi Nikhil

I would request moderators to look in to one important factor in the sales section. Please make it mandatory to share bill or any proof of purchase. Lot of them are taking advantage of the inflating prices and selling at high prices and hiding the cost they actually spent. Let me share one example. The bic pl200-II is now sold for 39-40k with discounts. One of my friend reached out to a sales ad for the bic which was nearly 2 years old which would have been purchased for 30-33k. He was selling it for 35k and wen my friend asked for the purchase price and bill he refused to show the bill and agreed to share bill after payment is made.And another brand sub which is now sold for 85-90k was on sales ad and selling for nearly 70k which is 5 years old. I am sure he would have purchased it for 50-55k 5 years back.The owners can sell at any price it’s their wish but please make it mandatory to share bill and proof of purchase. My suggestion is to not approve ads with no proof of purchase.

Hi Nikhil

I would request moderators to look in to one important factor in the sales section. Please make it mandatory to share bill or any proof of purchase. Lot of them are taking advantage of the inflating prices and selling at high prices and hiding the cost they actually spent. Let me share one example. The bic pl200-II is now sold for 39-40k with discounts. One of my friend reached out to a sales ad for the bic which was nearly 2 years old which would have been purchased for 30-33k. He was selling it for 35k and wen my friend asked for the purchase price and bill he refused to show the bill and agreed to share bill after payment is made.And another brand sub which is now sold for 85-90k was on sales ad and selling for nearly 70k which is 5 years old. I am sure he would have purchased it for 50-55k 5 years back.The owners can sell at any price it’s their wish but please make it mandatory to share bill and proof of purchase. My suggestion is to not approve ads with no proof of purchase.

In my humble opinion, this price arbitraging happens everywhere and honestly it would be too much for the any forum to check on each and every sale thread ! Remember this is not a Olx or Quiker, this is a forum for and by Audio Enthusiasts where classified is a feature and getting into these minute things at thread level is going to be a huge drain on Mods time! Besides, it is the duty of the buyer to do his due diligence before paying upfront.

As with any economy the price is fixed by the seller (based on what he thinks is a perceived value of his item),the customers will ultimately mark up or mark down on the listed price based on the value they associate with it! And i have seen many Vintage / Classic Components going for even thrice their MRP during their days ! Just from a different Industry, some nicely maintained RX100 / 135 / RD350 are going for 2.5x the times the amount mentioned in the bill.

In my humble opinion, this price arbitraging happens everywhere and honestly it would be too much for the any forum to check on each and every sale thread ! Remember this is not a Olx or Quiker, this is a forum for and by Audio Enthusiasts where classified is a feature and getting into these minute things at thread level is going to be a huge drain on Mods time! Besides, it is the duty of the buyer to do his due diligence before paying upfront.

As with any economy the price is fixed by the seller (based on what he thinks is a perceived value of his item),the customers will ultimately mark up or mark down on the listed price based on the value they associate with it! And i have seen many Vintage / Classic Components going for even thrice their MRP during their days ! Just from a different Industry, some nicely maintained RX100 / 135 / RD350 are going for 2.5x the times the amount mentioned in the bill.
Like I mentioned very clearly it’s the sellers wish to sell at any price. Let him sell a product that costs 100 rs for a lakh it’s his wish. But just share the bill. Proof of purchase is a must for authenticity. Yes can’t check all the ads that is already posted. I said in the future

Thanks for the feedback but can we please stick to the main topic on this thread.
We need to know as much info as possible from members of interactions with Abde Ali/Alitaher2009/murtuz

are the mods able to get the IP address of this culprit? It might help to locate his real location.
also will it be possible to block the user to login/create a new account from that IP?

If the Pan Aadhaar card details etc are there, I am sure the cops would have some leads and possible arrest of the culprit. Thats why face to face deals is recommended and if you cant go in person, trust a good forum friend to help by going (himself) in person to close the deal for you.

are the mods able to get the IP address of this culprit? It might help to locate his real location.
also will it be possible to block the user to login/create a new account from that IP?

IP addresses are available but many use shared ips from internet providers.

Always be wary of ads that are lucrative or I would say unrealistic in offer prices.
Similarly better to avoid unsolicited offers from our own threads.
Also never do blind purchases or transfers of high amounts without meeting in person.
As far as ads in the forum assess the handles history and activity.

I was recently interested in a Hegel amp listed in a town in Andhra and took the 18 hour journey from Chennai by train to assess and decide to buy or not as the amount involved was on the higher side

I was recently interested in a Hegel amp listed in a town in Andhra and took the 18 hour journey from Chennai by train to assess and decide to buy or not as the amount involved was on the higher side
That's what needs to be done if you are interested in buying used stuff.

Selling / Buying on forum is relatively safe but people have to exercise caution. No amount of policies of forum can prevent frauds / disputes.

One has to take the call personally and follow some very basic rules of engagements :

1. Don't be pushed into the transaction by a perceived rarity of item.
2. Don't get lured by unreasonable prices.
3. Never buy without checking the person's forum record first.
4. The culprit is greed. Please be rational and buy with a cool mind.

The same thing applies to when selling stuff here and on olx / quiker.

Please be very cautious as this things disturb us. Most of us don't have the time and connections to tackle the mess and these things make it hard for us to trust anybody. So loss of confidance and trust.

Plz Exercise caution.

Selling / Buying on forum is relatively safe but people have to exercise caution. No amount of policies of forum can prevent frauds / disputes.

Plz Exercise caution.

I agree, with you.
Think about Amazon / Flipkart, they have many policy and verification.
Then also they encounter frauds from sellers as well as buyers.

So request all forum member to exercise caution.

Love the motorcycle analogy!

I strongly believe that it will be the duty of the buyer to check on all the aspects of his purchase. Demanding to show bill for every sale is not practically possible. Many vintage products are sometimes sold by the next generations and it will be very tedious to get the bill for it. If a member feels anything fishy about the seller, may discuss with a moderator for further actions.

I strongly believe that it will be the duty of the buyer to check on all the aspects of his purchase. Demanding to show bill for every sale is not practically possible. Many vintage products are sometimes sold by the next generations and it will be very tedious to get the bill for it. If a member feels anything fishy about the seller, may discuss with a moderator for further actions.
In the example I mentioned one subwoofer was two years old and another is 5. This isn’t vintage and for the bic the seller refused to show the bill and agreed to share the bill only after purchase. And now days we are in a digital world and most of the sellers do email the bills and we also can take a photo copy.

Recently I'm sensing that many OLX resellers are taking advantage of this forums. I believe this forum is for AV enthusiastic and for learner's. Not for OLX resellers business.
Also for the benefit of members,some Following points can be considered by Mods to avoid cheaters.( Which has recently happened)
Sellers Needs to produce their Photo & Address Identity proof ( Recent ones) .Sellers GPS location can be shared. This should be visible to Mods.
The selling post needs to be done only on single IP address .( Not in public / shared IP address)
In case of suspicion / if required a video proof ( to ensure the working condition of equipment )needs to be submitted by sellers.

If the Pan Aadhaar card details etc are there, I am sure the cops would have some leads and possible arrest of the culprit. Thats why face to face deals is recommended and if you cant go in person, trust a good forum friend to help by going (himself) in person to close the deal for you.
Agree with the point shared here. The Ad itself could be checked for authenticity & bill of sale could be an issue as many of us at times miss place it but in person audition or perhaps a video audition could be done. A video can never give the actual tonal indication but the working & physical conditions of the item could be checked. Price could be deceiving at time despite the seller is genuine & due to money need place the item for sale at much lower cost. I have seen these things in The Indian Audiophile Forum & other FB groups. Bottom line after a few conversations one could be checked easily if a legitimate seller or a fake.

Agree with the point shared here. The Ad itself could be checked for authenticity & bill of sale could be an issue as many of us at times miss place it but in person audition or perhaps a video audition could be done. A video can never give the actual tonal indication but the working & physical conditions of the item could be checked. Price could be deceiving at time despite the seller is genuine & due to money need place the item for sale at much lower cost. I have seen these things in The Indian Audiophile Forum & other FB groups. Bottom line after a few conversations one could be checked easily if a legitimate seller or a fake.
Bill of sale an issue? Why I really don’t understand why pple are fussing about sharing the bill or proof of purchase. We are in 21st century. I get all my bills through what’s app For purchases made from max home theatre shop which is my regular shop. For all purchases made in reliance digital they send acknowledgement sms to registered mobile number and a photo copy of the bill to registered email address.And for purchases made online we can get it any time by just logging in to our account through past order details. And even past all this the buyer can very well just take a photo of the bill and have it stored in his email or google drive etc. And even past all this if some one is giving excuse to not share bill or proof of purchase i don’t know what to say. Very surprised to see people not siding with bill and proof of purchase and justifying it with some silly logics. Be my guest people, buy products with no proof of purchase or bill.

Bill of sale an issue? Why I really don’t understand why pple are fussing about sharing the bill or proof of purchase. We are in 21st century. I get all my bills through what’s app For purchases made from max home theatre shop which is my regular shop. For all purchases made in reliance digital they send acknowledgement sms to registered mobile number and a photo copy of the bill to registered email address.And for purchases made online we can get it any time by just logging in to our account through past order details. And even past all this the buyer can very well just take a photo of the bill and have it stored in his email or google drive etc. And even past all this if some one is giving excuse to not share bill or proof of purchase i don’t know what to say. Very surprised to see people not siding with bill and proof of purchase and justifying it with some silly logics. Be my guest people, buy products with no proof of purchase or bill.
Bill of sale is of course an important item when considering the sale in HiFi & I am not denying the need of it before proceeding with the purchase, it's a worst case scenario which could happen with anyone. So please do not take my quote as a support to not producing the bill of sale. The authenticity is the most imp criteria for a seller as well as buyer & a buyer as well as seller has all the rights to have full satisfaction in that area by any means they need... be it bill of sale, or in person check etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back