bi-wiring and bi- amping

Andrej

Who knows, Marantz PM7004 Amplifier supports bi-wiring or
bi- amping?.Marantz main page - they say that it does not support.
I bought from (Superfi Online - UK's best supplier of hifi equipment including separates, systems and accessories. Purchase Home Cinema Equipment, DVD players, minidiscs, amplifiers, cassette decks, CD players, Digital recorders, personal stereos, speakers, turntab) they say that i can connect using A+B(bi amping) my speakers Mission MX 5.cable qed original MK2 biwiring.Maybe someone can tell it is the correct connection?

amplifier and loudspeaker system is working properly?, if not support this connection,maybe better using standard.

thanks!

(1) An amp isn't *supposed to* support or not support bi-wiring/amping.

(2) An amp is that has two pair of speaker terminals has been designed to connect two speakers and play them individually or together. This is done more for a convenience for people who have more than one pair of speakers and would like to enjoy them both without having to switch cables every time.

A good example will be some one with a small pair of speakers in the bedroom whereas main speakers in the living room. The same amp can be use to connect both the speakers, which eliminates the need of buying two amps for each setup as well as simplifies the bedroom setup as there would only be speakers in sight.

Another example would be people who use super-tweeters for UHF, which are sometimes an individually sold component.

(3) The ability to use bi-wiring/amping is a feature that is associated with speakers. Some speakers are designed in such a way that they can benefit from bi-wiring/amping.

(4) In any speaker-amp(s) combination, whether the advantages of bi-wiring/amping may or may not be apparent. It is one of the popular topics around which people fall in two camps. Some saying they see a benefit, others say it's a waste of resources.

(5) In your specific case, yes, you can connect them the way you mentioned. However, the difference may not be apparent. I'll advice not to bother with bi-wiring/amping. IMPOFWIW.

PS: What's your mother tongue? You are not a native English speaker?

Thanks for aswer,i am from Lithuania,my english is not good sorry:)and I have a question, there is a difference between the wire diameter 2.5mm-4.0mm-6.0mm (sound quality).

with the standard connection, amplifier plays louder than in bi-wiring/amping connection, but not so much,I do not know why

Thicker wire allows to pass the current more easily (exactly the same way water will flow more easily in a thicker pipe).

Technically, usually a thicker wire has a lower resistance, which works better for audio signals.

What gauge of wire should you use in your system also depends on the length of wire you need. In an usual system 18 AWG speaker wire is sufficient. For longer run people use slightly lower such as 16 or 14 AWG. Hard code audiophile go to the extent of using 12, 10 or even 8 AVG speaker wires.

The diameter you are mentioning are extremely thick. 2.0 mm speaker wire is way more than what you would need (assuming we are talking about a decently pure copper cable). Try buying anything between 1.0 and 1.5 mm thick wire. They are very good for the purpose and easy to manage.

Andrej, do not worry about the "louder" part of the sound when trying out bi-wiring. Listen carefully and check if it sounds better? If not, bi-wiring is making no difference. In this case.

BUT, just because it may not make a difference now, do not close your mind to it. Once equipment [in the chain] changes, try it out again. MAYBE it may make a difference then. Often it's not the principle that's flawed but the inability of equipment to rise to the principle.

And, your English is fine. Don't worry about it. I understand you clearly. If anyone does not, they will ask you to clarify.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back