BIC America F12 12-Inch / POLK PSW 505 / Astonia DF10

nicenicenicee

I have just gotten the Pioneer FS 52, 5.0, and paired them with denon 1612next target is a sub.

experts if you were me, what would you have gone for?

BIC America F12 12-Inch 21K - avenue sound
POLK PSW 505 - 31K junglee.com
Astonia DF10 - 16K.

on POLK one i am expecting that there would be some discount as well, though i am not sure. but my budget is max 25-26.

If any body listened them, or used them which one would you recommend?
thanks for suggestions.

Hi, I am no expert but would like to put forth my views as I am also on a lookout for subs in that range. From what I have researched with reviews on amazon and other forums, people prefer the bic over the polk. Polk makes good speakers but not so good subs. The bic f12 also is said to have better deep bass performance and is excellent for movies. Only thing is you need to be careful about placement and settings. The astonia df10 was researched by me and I found some mixed reviews. I am planning to buy the f12 from avenuesound. That's my take based on reviews and research. I suggest you do yours and then only decide. Cheers.

I have just ordered the BIC Acoustech H100ii from avenuesound for Rs. 22000. Shipping is Extra, they initially mentioned it might be around Rs.1000, but got an invoice for Rs.1500, may be because it's heavy.

Based on reviews H100ii is supposed to be similar to F12 specs wise, but with better looks.

Hopefully, this subwoofer can be modified easily to work with 220V like F12. Fingers crossed.

I have just ordered the BIC Acoustech H100ii from avenuesound for Rs. 22000. Shipping is Extra, they initially mentioned it might be around Rs.1000, but got an invoice for Rs.1500, may be because it's heavy.

Based on reviews H100ii is supposed to be similar to F12 specs wise, but with better looks.

Hopefully, this subwoofer can be modified easily to work with 220V like F12. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations on purchase,
post inotial impressions, and then detailed experience with diff media types

I am just wondering what made you choose H100II over F12?
I am also hunting a SUB, i like looks of F12 over H100II,
Is there any underline technology / spares used in H100II are better in your knowledge?
Or does it sound better?

Look around in the forum but I remember that one of FM who brought a BIC sub was able to modify the sub-amp internals to work with 220v without any issues. I presume it should be the same model.

If you buy anything from a distributor in India, like avenuesound, isn't he supposed to provide you it with 220 volts compatibility and warranty? If not, then what is the use of buying it from him, might as well use an international shipping service.

If you buy anything from a distributor in India, like avenuesound, isn't he supposed to provide you it with 220 volts compatibility and warranty? If not, then what is the use of buying it from him, might as well use an international shipping service.

Well i m sure it has an internal jumper settings to convert .
Several FMs did it

I do not think Avenuesound is a authorized distributor of BIC products in India. The warranty that he is providing is from his own side and not the manufacturer warranty. Avenuesound has a big presence with some stores in NY, NJ in US and he procures it directly from US and sells in India at a very good price point. Other FMs can correct me if I am wrong.

"Sekay" Sir - as fellow FM said - please post your impressions\pics possibly review. it will help us tremendously. I am and few other members are on lookout for a sub in this range and your review will greatly help.

Cheers

I am just wondering what made you choose H100II over F12?
I am also hunting a SUB, i like looks of F12 over H100II,
Is there any underline technology / spares used in H100II are better in your knowledge?
Or does it sound better?

The only reason i went with H100II is for the looks, with high gloss finish, as it matches the glossy look of my Energy Take Classic Speakers.

Otherwise, specs and performance wise both are supposed to be very close, and both have great reviews for a subwoofer in this price range.

"Sekay" Sir - as fellow FM said - please post your impressions\pics possibly review. it will help us tremendously. I am and few other members are on lookout for a sub in this range and your review will greatly help.

Cheers

I am yet to receive the H100II from Avenue Sound. Will definitely post my impressions once i hook it up.

Just confirmed from avenuesound, the subwoofer will be converted to 230 volts by them, so need not worry. In addition, he will give a one year warranty. Definitely will be wiser to buy from avenuesound if one is planning to buy an powered subwoofer. Shipping charges are rs 1000 for the F12.

Hello 'sharadgaur' sir , he is providing warranty- does that mean BIC warranty is not provided/available? Just curious.

Cheers

Hello 'sharadgaur' sir , he is providing warranty- does that mean BIC warranty is not provided/available? Just curious.

Cheers

The price looks very attractive for F12 even when I was looked for BIC sub 2 year back there was no deal in India to pick it up.Now we can buy as they provide one year warranty from seller side then no issue go for it even if BIC is not directly providing that is not an issue I think as long as you have to provide a good power supply with steady voltage.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back