Bil Bryson: Short History for Dummies(Like me)

jawedsoft

Hi Guys,
Inspired by GeorgeO, I too am sharing the details of a book which you must read at least once. I read this book late in life and regretted not reading it earlier. Wish someone would have told me about this book when I was younger.

After I read this book, I asked quite a few of my friends and colleagues to read it. Not all of them agreed, but whoever did were happy and thankful. In fact I had to buy and gift the book to my cousin just to ensure that he does read it.

The book is "A Short History of nearly Everything"
9895810063_01b4bfd2d9.jpg
[/url] Bill_bryson_a_short_history by http://www.flickr.com/people/13417728@N06/[/IMG]

It explains everything you need to know about science...starting from molecules to atoms to the largest beings. It covers period from the time The Big Bang took place to the events of the last 10 years.
The language used is very simple and even the most complicated concepts are explained in easy to understand words and easy to remember examples. The nice thing being that he goes into just enough detail so as to ensure that you don't lose interest in the topic. There are no long and boring paragraphs with mumbo jumbo.

This particular book is easily available in India.

If you have already read this book then please share your thoughts. I understand that you might not agree with my enthusiasm for this book but please share your thoughts all the same. I am keen to learn of a different view point.

best wishes,
Jawed, India

Last edited:
You should aslo find The Periodic Table by Primo Levi quite interesting. Though its a different kind of book.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back