Black Friday 2019

arunkvivek

Creating this thread for interesting deals this Black Friday. Please post any interesting deals in USA/Europe for AV gears. I am looking for projectors sub $700 budget.

Hi Vivek

PM me if you are interested in a Benq projector along with the screen and also roof mounting kit (unused still) I got from US some months back. After getting an OLED TV stopped watching the projector :)

Thanks

Hi Vivek

PM me if you are interested in a Benq projector along with the screen and also roof mounting kit (unused still) I got from US some months back. After getting an OLED TV stopped watching the projector :)

Thanks
can you share the model no

The entire Jamo line is up for grabs, the below are best for the buck imo:

The entire Jamo line is up for grabs, the below are best for the buck imo:

Good deals! No space left for speakers.
Bought 15 inch GRS SW drivers for $25 each. Have about 10 X 19 X10 inch space left in the luggage. Torn between partsexpress FR drivers (15% discount) vs MA FR drivers vs a projector. Logistical nightmare

Anyone knows of any subwoofer deals worthwhile in a budget? 12-15 incher kit or otherwise available for black friday deals?
Dayton drivers are not priced at their lowest except for pro-woofer PA-460-8 (18 incher) which is used for VBSS SW build. The ultimax are on sale but they are priced ~20-30$ higher than labor day sales prices. If you have folks available after new year, please wait for christmas deals. Also, keep an eye out for deal of the day. There were Ribbon tweeters at ~ 60% discount (80$ tweeters @ 36$ or something) a few days back. Dayton Ultimax 15 incher would be priced around $195 and would weigh around 17 kgs. Building a sealed box for it shouldnt be a challenge.

If you are interested in open baffle there are good drivers available in pro-drivers section from PRV audio. I picked up GRS speaker for $24 per piece and am getting Behringer nuke 3000D (pro amp with DSP capabilities) to power them.

Dayton drivers are not priced at their lowest except for pro-woofer PA-460-8 (18 incher) which is used for VBSS SW build. The ultimax are on sale but they are priced ~20-30$ higher than labor day sales prices. If you have folks available after new year, please wait for christmas deals. Also, keep an eye out for deal of the day. There were Ribbon tweeters at ~ 60% discount (80$ tweeters @ 36$ or something) a few days back. Dayton Ultimax 15 incher would be priced around $195 and would weigh around 17 kgs. Building a sealed box for it shouldnt be a challenge.

If you are interested in open baffle there are good drivers available in pro-drivers section from PRV audio. I picked up GRS speaker for $24 per piece and am getting Behringer nuke 3000D (pro amp with DSP capabilities) to power them.
For a class D amp with DSP, crown XLS2502 is also good value for money and can be found locally with warranty.

For a class D amp with DSP, crown XLS2502 is also good value for money and can be found locally with warranty.
Thought about it but finally chose to getting Behringer from Germany. It is almost 10K cheaper compared to India even without considering VAT refund. I would get to know if VAT refund would be received as my friend from Germany is on a work permit (ppl with tourist visa get easy refund; not sure about ppl with work permit).
From performance standpoint, people opt for Crown more because it is far more silent but Behringer is said to have better DSP controls. Both of them are widely adopted for powering VBSS arrays in HT setup per DIYAUDIO and AVSForum.
I am going for the fan mode to reduce the noise (which would void warranty) on the Behringer.

Hi Vivek

Thanks
@manniraj - Given the brightness in my living room, i have parked the idea of a projector and focusing on getting 9.2 setup completed. Going for a fairly simple surrounds with TB W5 FR speakers and magnat ceiling speakers. Not decided if I need to go for simple sealed ones (as I do not need them to go below 80 hz) or ported ones

Thought about it but finally chose to getting Behringer from Germany. It is almost 10K cheaper compared to India even without considering VAT refund. I would get to know if VAT refund would be received as my friend from Germany is on a work permit (ppl with tourist visa get easy refund; not sure about ppl with work permit).
From performance standpoint, people opt for Crown more because it is far more silent but Behringer is said to have better DSP controls. Both of them are widely adopted for powering VBSS arrays in HT setup per DIYAUDIO and AVSForum.
I am going for the fan mode to reduce the noise (which would void warranty) on the Behringer.

People on work permit cannot refund.

Just as an consideration. You may consider crown amp and mini dsp combo.
Also you may consider non dsp version of behringer and get mini dsp.
If you planning to use rew with dsp, then integration with minidsp is better...it's just my thoughts.

People on work permit cannot refund.

Just as an consideration. You may consider crown amp and mini dsp combo.
Also you may consider non dsp version of behringer and get mini dsp.
If you planning to use rew with dsp, then integration with minidsp is better...it's just my thoughts.
@sijusid - i gave a thought about mini dsp/ Crown and pulled the trigger on Behringer nuke 3000D mostly for monetary reasons and for comfort with behringers DSP UI. Got heatsinks and noiseless fan for mod per DIYAudio website as well.
Given that I am going to use SW with an AVR, I would not need mini DSP as I am going to use LFE and let Behringer DSP take over from there. I am having the entire setup in a living room with loads of room issues and speaker placement compromise. I am just aiming for decent LF bass without much of a dent to the pocket ;)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back