Black Friday Roon Labs 2022

Anshul_J

There is a black Friday offer on Roon subscription @ $2 for 3 months if anyone wants to try Roon.
BTW I am having difficulty logging in and getting Captcha error when adding my card for payment. If anyone can throw some light on it that would be helpful.

There is a black Friday offer on Roon subscription @ $2 for 3 months if anyone wants to try Roon.
BTW I am having difficulty logging in and getting Captcha error when adding my card for payment. If anyone can throw some light on it that would be helpful.
Roon keeps having tantalising trial offers. But their exorbitant post trial subscription rates have dissuaded me from continuing. Wish they could come up with country-specific pricing that factors in the purchasing power parity.

Make sure you turn off the auto-renewal if you are availing of this offer only for trial purposes.

I still feel you guys should invest in a audio streamer / server with its own OS & remote control app.
It won't be as good as roon with search or information but unless you can find easily what you want to play and plays well i don't see any use of roon. Of course this is a personal opinion and sort of more useful and yes i have used roon for a year.

Those who bought lifetime few years ago must be feeling very proud of themselves:)

I still feel you guys should invest in a audio streamer / server with its own OS & remote control app.
It won't be as good as roon with search or information but unless you can find easily what you want to play and plays well i don't see any use of roon. Of course this is a personal opinion and sort of more useful and yes i have used roon for a year.

Those who bought lifetime few years ago must be feeling very proud of themselves:)
The appealing features of Roon to me were its aggregation and organisation of music from various sources (local and streaming), the information on albums, artists etc it provides in visually aesthetic manner, ability to navigate easily, display of your audio chain in detail. It’s like a Rolls Royce of digital audio experience - rich and classy.

The main deal-breaker for me was to keep the PC on as a Roon core. Native play from my streamer (eg with Spotify, Tidal etc) gives the best sound quality… while laptop/PC as Roon core adds one more stage to the chain.

Last edited:
I finally got it working. It seems the black friday offer is not available in India, had to use a vpn for it to work.
I am using Allo digione as a streamer connected to chord 2qute dac, and it sounds good to me. But recently got Tidal and Qubuz and was having difficulty streaming hires through bubbleupnp and volumio. So wanted to try streaming through my laptop connected to my dac via usb.
Have read a lot about Roon and just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It is highly unlikely that I will use it in the long run. Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Anyone using it with Mac Big Sur. Roon throws fatal error open gl 3.0, though my my Mac mini is compatible and worked last time. Any workaround?

The appealing features of Roon to me were its aggregation and organisation of music from various sources (local and streaming), the information on albums, artists etc it provides in visually aesthetic manner, ability to navigate easily, display of your audio chain in detail. It’s like a Rolls Royce of digital audio experience - rich and classy.

The main deal-breaker for me was to keep the PC on as a Roon core. Native play from my streamer (eg with Spotify, Tidal etc) gives the best sound quality… while laptop/PC as Roon core adds one more stage to the chain.
Absolutely agree with the points you mention.

That's why i say if you are OK with the interface like a psu bank app, no artworks and artist information but you can just about find the tracks you want and no local and online streaming integration then you are fine without roon and you can invest the money you would spend on roon on something else

Not comparing with Roon, but I am using picore player with LMS . With Material skin interface, Info tab containing album, artist info, lyrics, etcI (it fetches meta data even for internet radio streams) along with spotify and tidal connect and other great plugins, it is more than adequate for my need.

Is lifetime not available now?
It is, for now. I suspect that option will be taken away in another year or so. And prices (all of them monthly, yearly and lifetime) are going up from Jan 1,so be aware.

For my usage style and listening preferences, Roon has become indispensable. After having used quite a few options for streaming digital music, I'm sure that for now, Roon is the best option for me. I bought a lifetime subscription a few days back. I was on my second yearly subscription, that I really should have made a lifetime subscription before the second year. I have a few more months to go for the second yearly subscription to end, but I didn't want to pay at the increased rates.

I find JRiver a great option to Roon.

Super easy & instinctive to use, attractive user interface.

The full featured program is yours to yry free for 15 days (no credit card required)

Should you like it & decide to buy,
$20 or so gives you lifetime usage.

@IndianEars, Jriver license is for $80 on their website. Also, can I play Tidal, Qobuz through Jriver, if so can you please share a link on how to do that. Thanks.

It is, for now. I suspect that option will be taken away in another year or so. And prices (all of them monthly, yearly and lifetime) are going up from Jan 1,so be aware.

For my usage style and listening preferences, Roon has become indispensable. After having used quite a few options for streaming digital music, I'm sure that for now, Roon is the best option for me. I bought a lifetime subscription a few days back. I was on my second yearly subscription, that I really should have made a lifetime subscription before the second year. I have a few more months to go for the second yearly subscription to end, but I didn't want to pay at the increased rates.
Same Here,
I Used Roon for 1 year Subscription (4yrs ago), Roamed around multiple high end Streamers with subpar bundled softwares; only to Return Back to Roon with Lifetime Subscription. There are very few options if you want a Integrated Search ( both local & streaming) functionality, with amazing library management, only Audirvana comes 2nd in my experience.

The main USP of digital over analog is user friendliness which is quite enhanced with Roon. My Kids and wife had initial resistance about detailed audiophile UI but now once they're habituated I'm not seeing them moving back to Wynk or Spotify etc.

Roons' biggest Achievement this year is ARC I think, if implemented properly and universally ; its like having your own Audio Streaming Service (like very own personal Spotify) where ever you go, this dwarfs the competition and remains unmatched currently AFAIK. Your own library with your preferred mastering. Even for my requirements Roon fits the bill perfectly.

I can't thank @sound_cycle enough for introducing me to this option few years ago.

Same Here,
I Used Roon for 1 year Subscription (4yrs ago), Roamed around multiple high end Streamers with subpar bundled softwares; only to Return Back to Roon with Lifetime Subscription. There are very few options if you want a Integrated Search ( both local & streaming) functionality, with amazing library management, only Audirvana comes 2nd in my experience.

The main USP of digital over analog is user friendliness which is quite enhanced with Roon. My Kids and wife had initial resistance about detailed audiophile UI but now once they're habituated I'm not seeing them moving back to Wynk or Spotify etc.

Roons' biggest Achievement this year is ARC I think, if implemented properly and universally ; its like having your own Audio Streaming Service (like very own personal Spotify) where ever you go, this dwarfs the competition and remains unmatched currently AFAIK. Your own library with your preferred mastering. Even for my requirements Roon fits the bill perfectly.

I can't thank @sound_cycle enough for introducing me to this option few years ago.
I also use the multi-zone functionality. Since I mostly work from home now, I have a second setup in a home office. And being able to play music there exactly as I can in my main setup, without any extra effort, is very important to me.

The way everything comes together and works together is truly seamless with Roon.

Roon ARC now (as of yesterday) has a custom USB driver for Android, that plays bit-perfect audio on USB DACs, (without the need for any other app), and passes through MQA to a compatible DAC (for those whom that matters).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back