B'lore Accomodation , suggestions ?

alcy

Hello folks, I recently shifted to Bangalore for work, currently staying at my sister's place. I would however, like to find myself a new place on a rental basis and could do with some help.

My office is in Jayamahal Extension, Nandi Durga Road. Of coure, I am taking help from my colleagues, but thought of asking here as well. The thing is I don't want to stay on shared basis, I want my own room (within budget, of course !).

So well, if you guys have any suggestions/tips (or maybe even a room to rent !), please let me know.

P.S. Although my motorcycle will be here on Monday, I am planning to use public transport only...so distance isn't that big a factor.

The problem in Blore is owner ask for 10 months adv.................how long are you going to stay there?

I will be staying here for an year (minimum). Most likely more than a year. I really love my work, and there's no reason at least for the coming few years, to switch jobs. :)

P.S. Although my motorcycle will be here on Monday, I am planning to use public transport only...so distance isn't that big a factor.

Hi,

I would suggest you rent a place near by your working area, cause bangalore traffic is really crazy. The volvo bus facility is fairly good, but very time consuming to reach your destination. Using autorikshaw's is not advisable, unlike Bombay, passengers get heavily charged. Avoid using unknown cab's, it's always risky for outsiders, if you want to use cab's Meru is the best. If you are planning to stay far off, you will be wasting a lot of time in traveling. Even if you'r paying a couple of bugs more on the rent it's fine, but try to save time and tension of traveling long distances.
You can find a lot of brokers in that area to help you find a good accommodation.

cheers.

Hi,

I would suggest you rent a place near by your working area, cause bangalore traffic is really crazy. The volvo bus facility is fairly good, but very time consuming to reach your destination. Using autorikshaw's is not advisable, unlike Bombay, passengers get heavily charged. Avoid using unknown cab's, it's always risky for outsiders, if you want to use cab's Meru is the best. If you are planning to stay far off, you will be wasting a lot of time in traveling. Even if you'r paying a couple of bugs more on the rent it's fine, but try to save time and tension of traveling long distances.
You can find a lot of brokers in that area to help you find a good accommodation.

cheers.

Hi, I have got fairly used to the public transport(buses...and surprisingly this time the autorickshaws have been fair !), I spend 4 hours on average, in commuting between office and home..and its smooth. Of course, I do fancy the idea of reduced commuting time.

Thanks for the pointers.

Places around 500sqft cost approx 7000+ 900sq ft and above approx 10K +.
If you are a local and non corporate you will get it cheaper, not otherwise.

HTH
Regards

Even if you'r paying a couple of bugs more on the rent it's fine, but try to save time and tension of traveling long distances.

Lady bugs or Bed bugs? :) The OP may be tempted to roll both into one and morph the bug :D

Cheers

Hello folks, I recently shifted to Bangalore for work, currently staying at my sister's place. I would however, like to find myself a new place on a rental basis and could do with some help.

My office is in Jayamahal Extension, Nandi Durga Road. Of coure, I am taking help from my colleagues, but thought of asking here as well. The thing is I don't want to stay on shared basis, I want my own room (within budget, of course !).

So well, if you guys have any suggestions/tips (or maybe even a room to rent !), please let me know.

Location wise - Frazer town, Cox town, Cambridge layout, Indira Nagar might suit you. These places will also give you very good proximity to other areas of interest in the city (good restaurants, entertainment, malls, etc.). However, these places will also be expensive (relatively speaking).

I can give you the number of a good broker, if you want. He specializes in the Indira Nagar and Cambridge Layout area.

Last edited:
welcome to bangalore alcy! :)

your best bet is to walk around on a weekend when you're free, walk into real estate guys you see, ask for a flat with your requirements and your budget and do the rounds. best way of finding something you like. cos some brokers have certain flats other brokers, other flats.

regards

Places around 500sqft cost approx 7000+ 900sq ft and above approx 10K +.
If you are a local and non corporate you will get it cheaper, not otherwise.

HTH
Regards

Location wise - Frazer town, Cox town, Cambridge layout, Indira Nagar might suit you. These places will also give you very good proximity to other areas of interest in the city (good restaurants, entertainment, malls, etc.). However, these places will also be expensive (relatively speaking).

I can give you the number of a good broker, if you want. He specializes in the Indira Nagar and Cambridge Layout area.

welcome to bangalore alcy! :)

your best bet is to walk around on a weekend when you're free, walk into real estate guys you see, ask for a flat with your requirements and your budget and do the rounds. best way of finding something you like. cos some brokers have certain flats other brokers, other flats.

regards

Thank you for the welcome stevieboy ! With Saturdays also being working, I only have a Sunday...but will try to cover as much ground as I can. Also, gobble, I am originally from Delhi only.

Asliarun, that would be great ! Please let me know the number of that broker.

Cheers.

It is rightly said that travelling distance should be less from work to office.

It should be this way even if one has to pay 25% more to the budget because look at the cost of travelling and the time consumed, the more you travel the chances of back pain, pollution etc is there with scope of accident grows along with untoward instances.

V.

Last edited:
There are two areas which you can try - RT Nagar and Cox Town. Depending upon your budget there can be huge amount of options. Also decide whether you like a flat or a house. Best would be to choose an area and then get a broker of that area to quickly decide and close.

Thanks folks, am taking note of all sugestions.

Also, went to Ramaiah College region yesterday, where one of my friends has a room...the locality/accessibility seemed very nice...will see if I can get a deal there.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back