Blu-Ray Home Theatre

ishu2212

Dear HI fi Technocrats..!!

I wanna buy a Blu Ray 5.1 ch Hometheatre in 20-25 K range...
I have a Panasonic 39"LED.. which has 2 HDMI and one digital audio out , I am using this with Videocon D2H.
Since videocon has started giving Dolby Digital 5.1 in a few of channels , which product would suit my requirement ??
I have already executed the concealed cabling for Rear Speakers in my living room.
I have shortlisted SONY BDV- E3100 model...
is it a good product to buy ??
what is alternate products available in my range of 20-25 K.

Please suggest me..
Thanks
Ishan...:)

Go for Onkyo 3500/3400 or Yamaha models like 296/298. For around 20K you can go for Yamaha 196.

thanks buddy ....
I have reviewed this models , and cost comparison are as belows.. :

Onkyo 3500/3400 is of 29000/-

Yamaha 296/298 is of 33000/- both are above my range .
I have range of 20 - 25 K..

What about Sony BDV-E3100 which would cost me in 23000/-.
its also has In built Wifi and bluetooth features..
and it tells that it would give 1000 watts RMS.

what could be the drawbacks of this Sony HOme Theatre..

Thank you in advance...:clapping:

Forget the 1000W RMS claim, it simply can't produce so much power. I have not checked the specs of this HT, but it is better to go for a separate AVR based system. If something happens to this all in one ht like if the player is not working, the entire ht will become useless. You will also lose on connectivity options. AVR based systems have a minimum of 4 hdmi inputs, optical and coaxial inputs and a number of analog inputs which makes connectivity easy. Check the Yamaha 196. It is well within your budget. Onkyo 3400 is an older model and may be you can get it in 25K.

hey... if you post this question "what should i buy" section you will get better response.
just for thought, you are expecting too much form a single device. you might get all those above mentioned features in a single consumer grade device similar to you mention above, but you wont get quality.

as Dirac mentioned couple of post earlier about Yamaha 196, check that out.
You already have HD STB & TV, get an BD-player separately.
Yamaha 196 HTIB wil cost ~ 20-21 & entry level blu ray player another ~4k .
but trust me the quality will be way above consumer grade home theater systems.

ishu2212 , please just post only one instance of your query, posting it multiple section wont yield you better result and you will get more confused.

Dear Baiju & Netant,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I went to Reliance Digital (Ujjain M.P.) and found that they have Pioneer -071 , Onkyo -3300 and Onkyo -3400 in their stock.
These all three HTiBs are in Stock Clearance Sale..
Offered prices are as follows :

Pioneer- 071 --- Rs. 17999/-
Onkyo - 3300 ---- Rs. 18500/-
Onkyo - 3400 ---- Rs. 27000/-

they won't negotiate further on that. However as per your suggestion ,I went to Audition yamaha-196 but they had just received that model and was not ready for demo so they would call me in a few days. Yamaha YHT-196 they are offering in 23500/- as the final price.

I have gone through various posts and came to know that , it would not be a good option to choose an AVR with passive Subwoofer.

Yamaha-196 however has an upgradability to ACTIVE SUBWOOFER but it lacks in HD AUDIO. It also does not have DTS True HD.

However I found that Denon DHT-1312XP was the only HTiB at around ~31000 which has Active Subwoofer... it can also support 7.1 Channel Speaker placement.

I am very much confused in selecting HTiB. I don't want end-up in selecting a System which is not Future Proof...

I seek your help in understanding the weightage of the Advantage/disadvantage of active/passive subwoofer.. and also of HD AUdio which YHT-196 lacks in , will it going to have much effect ??

Also I would like to mention that my living room is of 13ft X 9ft (inside dimensions)...

Dear Friends please help..

Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year..:yahoo:
Thank you in Advance...

Last edited:
dont go for sony, panasonic, lg etc because of reasons posted earlier in the thread. Its not worth 20-25K. Go for yamaha, onkyo, denon HTIBs and yes if you can increase your budget by 5k-10k I can assure you, you will not regret it. Its worth every penny and you will be satisfied and also future proofed.
Go for a system with an AVR, 5.1 channel speaker system and active subwoofer. Browse models online and audition them and then enjoy :thumbsup:

My opinion -
1. DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD doesn't matter. Because you can have your blu-ray player decode and send PCM to receiver. I have a receiver that can do the decoding but i still use my blu-ray player for that - so decoding capability of the avr is not important for me.
2. Active sub-woofer is a must IMHO. It has it's own amplification and can give you great cinema experience. In my opinion, a subwoofer is the most important component of a modern cinema experience.
And yes like the others have said, i'd also advice you to junk the sony, panasonic and go with a true HT brand - Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer, Denon etc. There is simply no comparison and at the price difference you are quoting it is a no brainer.

Last edited:
As suggested by many of you..
I am not thinking of SONY , PANASONIC etc...

I have just shortlisted --

YAMAHA-YHT 196 @ 23000/-
Onkyo - 3400 @ 27000/-
Pioneer - 071 @ 17990/-...

please help me in finalizing one...

however my dream system would be Yamaha YHT - 299 but I cannot afford to buy a system worth Rs. 39000/-...
Thanks all friends..

As suggested by many of you..
I am not thinking of SONY , PANASONIC etc...

I have just shortlisted --

YAMAHA-YHT 196 @ 23000/-
Onkyo - 3400 @ 27000/-
Pioneer - 071 @ 17990/-...

please help me in finalizing one...

however my dream system would be Yamaha YHT - 299 but I cannot afford to buy a system worth Rs. 39000/-...
Thanks all friends..

All the products you have shortlisted are products with more than average delivery quality and are really good. Now please stop moving too much on internet to discuss and read reviews, believe me , at this juncture those will make you more and more confuse with tons of contradictory comments. So better go to the shop, hear them and look who has the better post sales service in your locality and just buy that . You wont repent for any one those above products. IMHO ... the difference of Active and Passive subwoofer is more distinct with some more high end expensive setting, so I dont think you have to be worried too much on that aspect. All the best .

If Yamaha YHT - 299 is not in your budget then I suggest go for YAMAHA-YHT 196. I have listened to it @Croma in their demo room. Its a good system. Please visit and demo it and then have a nice time. Post pics of your setup. :)
Note: 196 has an option for adding an active subwoofer. Later if you feel like adding one you can!!!!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back