Blu-ray movies made in India?

insane79

Hi guys,
i have bought few locally available blu-rays, i noticed in the movie "inception" that i bought it says in the back of the case, manufactured by Sony india, so sony started making blu-ray movie copies here? also noticed compare to my other movies i have imported from amazon uk the case & the disk itself feels cheaper in the indian made ones by sony, anyone noticed these things in the Indian made blu-rays?

Thanks..

Yes... Indian version Blurays of Hollywood movies are a big scam in India.
They are censored, don't always come with all the special features and sometime screwed big time by putting up all those nonsense smoking ads and warnings during the movie.
Due to all these reasons, I have never bought any Hollywood movie from Indian retailers.

Take a vow... Never ever...never ever...ever ever... buy the Indian version Bluray of Hollywood movies!!!...Even if takes you more time and money to buy these movies from overseas sites such as Amazon US/UK/DE etc. and from my own experience I guarantee, you will at least never be disappointed with the product quality.

I was looking for Tamil Video songs from latest movies in Blueray. But couldnt get much option both online or in Shops. Are Blueray released regularly for Tamil Movie songs and if so where can i get them?

I was looking for Tamil Video songs from latest movies in Blueray. But couldnt get much option both online or in Shops. Are Blueray released regularly for Tamil Movie songs and if so where can i get them?

I don't think you get Tamil video songs on Bluray Discs.... A google search will yield more results for soft copies....

check out amazon.in or mymoviemall.com blu ray tamil movie songs with the title Kollywood songs is available.

Regards

Arvind

They are censored, don't always come with all the special features and sometime screwed big time by putting up all those nonsense smoking ads and warnings during the movie.
Due to all these reasons, I have never bought any Hollywood movie from Indian retailers.

Take a vow... Never ever...never ever...ever ever... buy the Indian version Bluray of Hollywood movies!!!...Even if takes you more time and money to buy these movies from overseas sites such as Amazon US/UK/DE etc. and from my own experience I guarantee, you will at least never be disappointed with the product quality.

To an extent you are right .. but not entirely. I have many Indian blu rays apart from ones from AMZ-UK and AMZ-US plus other sites like Zavvi (UK). Frankly I never had found any issue with Indian BDs so far for regular hollywood movies. For rated and controversial movies, better buy it from US or UK or elsewhere, as Indian version is going to be an CBFC-India censored version. Sometime some titles are simply never released in India, in such cases you have no other options. But if you are buying from abroad, be sure that you have a compatible player to play them, else due to Region code mismatch those movies may not play in your BD player (unless you have a region free BD player). For the Region free details you can refer the title details at Blu-ray. com site.

So far I have found Indian price are really lucrative for various titles specially the new ones. You can buy the likes of Hobbit:Desolation of Smaug, Gravity, Amazing Spiderman-2(pre-order) etc at around 600-700 bucks (of course at various periods of discounts at Amazon or Flipkart etc). And I am expecting these prices to come down by 30%-50% in next 1 year or so.:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:

yes, i got few Uk blu-rays & i noticed the pies made here feel so cheap in quality even the disc itself forget the casing. Do the indian blu-rays come with a warranty of some kind? i bought inception recently from amazon.in & noticed abit of a skip during a scene in the movie. Best part is when i opened this movie brand new with a cheaper type seal packing these ones come with, i noticed mild scratches on the disc only 1-2 but how is this possible? poor quality control?

Yes, I agree that packaging is not great of the Indian BDs. The best ones are from UK. But not sure about low quality discs. Someone who is aware of the disc quality can comment. There is every possibility that it can be of inferior quality considering that all MNC manufacturers tries to pass poor quality material here in the name of good brands.. Sony etc are no exception.

Cost effective option : buy from Paris corner in chennai. A disk costs ( pirated ) only 100 rs there. If u buy some 10 disks, there is a great chance that u get atleast 5 copy of orginals! I got IMAX under the sea 3d for 200 bucks which was a copy of orginal;) if you have a blu ray burner, u can copy that to a better disk. I know people are talking about, branded stuff here. But i hope most of us Indians download movies which is already piracy!

Cost effective option : buy from Paris corner in chennai. A disk costs ( pirated ) only 100 rs there. If u buy some 10 disks, there is a great chance that u get atleast 5 copy of orginals! I got IMAX under the sea 3d for 200 bucks which was a copy of orginal;) if you have a blu ray burner, u can copy that to a better disk. I know people are talking about, branded stuff here. But i hope most of us Indians download movies which is already piracy!

i rather own the indian blu-ray version then pirating (ROBBING) bro, hope you realise one day that you are stealing & proud of it..

i rather own the indian blu-ray version then pirating (ROBBING) bro, hope you realise one day that you are stealing & proud of it..

I appreciate people who buys the original. But not everyone will have the luxury to spend for blu rays in India. Income to expenditure matters;) and moreover I m not the only one who downloads. I don't think there is a single person in this forum who had downloaded atleast a music file over the internet atleast once.. by the way, m not defending..

yes, i got few Uk blu-rays & i noticed the pies made here feel so cheap in quality even the disc itself forget the casing. Do the indian blu-rays come with a warranty of some kind? i bought inception recently from amazon.in & noticed abit of a skip during a scene in the movie. Best part is when i opened this movie brand new with a cheaper type seal packing these ones come with, i noticed mild scratches on the disc only 1-2 but how is this possible? poor quality control?

As far as I know... None of the DVD/Bluray/CD type items come up with guarantee.
The skip issue with Inception bluray seem to be a technical glitch in the disc itself which is another example of screwed up Indian Blurays of Hollywood movies.
Sometime they just paste a paper sticker on the disc!

I've bought from Amazon UK/US many times...even couple of times from Amazon DE also... They're very good in service and even if you find a small issue with your Bluray..just mail them or chat with Amazon customer service..they're quite good and they will replace the item without asking you a second question. Yes the service of Amazon is very good.

Here are couple of my experiences...
- Once a bluray from Amazon US.. 'The curious case of Benjamin Button' came with a broken latch (the one that keeps the case locked)... I even told this issue to Amazon and they were quick enough to send me a replacement by next week. They didn't ask for returning the defected item (in which disc was very well working)
- There have been couple of times, when shipment didn't arrive in time... Either they sent a replacement item or refunded the money (in case item was no more available)...and sometime even refunded the shipment charges just because shipment didn't arrive before estimated shipment date.

I would suggest again... don't risk your time and money on Hollywood blurays made in India. They deserve this.

As far as I know... None of the DVD/Bluray/CD type items come up with guarantee.
The skip issue with Inception bluray seem to be a technical glitch in the disc itself which is another example of screwed up Indian Blurays of Hollywood movies.
Sometime they just paste a paper sticker on the disc!

I've bought from Amazon UK/US many times...even couple of times from Amazon DE also... They're very good in service and even if you find a small issue with your Bluray..just mail them or chat with Amazon customer service..they're quite good and they will replace the item without asking you a second question. Yes the service of Amazon is very good.

Here are couple of my experiences...
- Once a bluray from Amazon US.. 'The curious case of Benjamin Button' came with a broken latch (the one that keeps the case locked)... I even told this issue to Amazon and they were quick enough to send me a replacement by next week. They didn't ask for returning the defected item (in which disc was very well working)
- There have been couple of times, when shipment didn't arrive in time... Either they sent a replacement item or refunded the money (in case item was no more available)...and sometime even refunded the shipment charges just because shipment didn't arrive before estimated shipment date.

I would suggest again... don't risk your time and money on Hollywood blurays made in India. They deserve this.

hmmn, i had a feeling it can't be the mild scratches & must be an encoding issue, anyways will definitely not buy any hollywood movies from India now, got this on amazon.in 50% blu-ray sale & is definitely my last :indifferent14:

hmmn, i had a feeling it can't be the mild scratches & must be an encoding issue, anyways will definitely not buy any hollywood movies from India now, got this on amazon.in 50% blu-ray sale & is definitely my last :indifferent14:

Yes... Bluray discs are not easily vulnerable against scratches like CD/DVD. Even if there are mild scratches, if your Bluray player is just of fine quality.. it can play the Bluray without any issue.

In this forum I could see lot of guys buying blu ray titles from amazon uk or amazon us. I am newbie in this area. Can someone tell me how to how to get it from amazon uk.
1. You get it through 3rd party importers or directly from amazon uk?
2. Does amazon uk deliver it to an address in India?
3. What about delivery charges and import duties?
4. How to pay in pounds. Can we pay it through the credit card issued in India and conversion happens automatically?
5. How will amazon uk able to calculate Indian import duties.
6. In that case will they collect it at the time of delivery

In this forum I could see lot of guys buying blu ray titles from amazon uk or amazon us. I am newbie in this area. Can someone tell me how to how to get it from amazon uk.

There are more experienced people on this forum but let me give it a shot as I have used Amazon UK quite a lot so all my answers are for Amazon UK.

* Directly from Amazon UK and from Amazon. Most titles are internationally shipped. I.e., I have never tried a reseller on Amazon.
* Yes, comes through Indian Post. so there is no tracking at any point. You just hope and pray. All my prayers answered so far :D
* I believe you have to pay to the post man. But here in Bangalore(where you seem to be from to) I have ordered over 2 dozen times and never been taxed :eek:hyeah:
4. How to pay in pounds. Can we pay it through the credit card issued in India and conversion happens automatically?
* Pay through internationally accepted credit cards. Again there is no security like OTP etc. But its Amazon.
* They dont. Indian customs does. But then I have never had to pay yet so I wouldnt know.
* Yes apparently so.

The key is not to be greedy and order big packages. I order either box sets which inherently are good deals as shipping is calculated only ones or order only 2/3 at a time.

HTH

There are more experienced people on this forum but let me give it a shot as I have used Amazon UK quite a lot so all my answers are for Amazon UK.

* Directly from Amazon UK and from Amazon. Most titles are internationally shipped. I.e., I have never tried a reseller on Amazon.
* Yes, comes through Indian Post. so there is no tracking at any point. You just hope and pray. All my prayers answered so far :D
* I believe you have to pay to the post man. But here in Bangalore(where you seem to be from to) I have ordered over 2 dozen times and never been taxed :eek:hyeah:
* Pay through internationally accepted credit cards. Again there is no security like OTP etc. But its Amazon.
* They dont. Indian customs does. But then I have never had to pay yet so I wouldnt know.
* Yes apparently so.

The key is not to be greedy and order big packages. I order either box sets which inherently are good deals as shipping is calculated only once or order only 2/3 at a time.

HTH

My collection of BDs are all from Amazon.uk. Just select"amazonglobal Eligible" for international shipping. the prices are inclusive of VAT and for international shipping , VAT is not applicable and will be reduced while check out. Ensure to buy the region free disk only. Amazon.Uk collects the import duties only when your order value exceeds the threshold limit. I always ensure that the value of the total order is less than 5k and not even once , import duty was collected in my order and I got my order delivered within a week.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back