Blu-Ray player for Pana PV8?

RAC

Hi
I own a Panasonic plasma TV.....model PV8. I do not remember the exact screen resolution but it is something like 720p*1024 or 720p*1280 (HD ready!!!).

I was using an Onida DVD player and it seems to be on it's last leg.

I am starting to lookout for a replacement but am confused it I should go in for a decent quality DVD player or a low spec Blu-ray player.

My clarification is - will the Blu-ray player be compatible with the screen resolution of the TV.

Hi
I own a Panasonic plasma TV.....model PV8. I do not remember the exact screen resolution but it is something like 720p*1024 or 720p*1280 (HD ready!!!).

I was using an Onida DVD player and it seems to be on it's last leg.

I am starting to lookout for a replacement but am confused it I should go in for a decent quality DVD player or a low spec Blu-ray player.

My clarification is - will the Blu-ray player be compatible with the screen resolution of the TV.

yes,

any bd player will support the resolution. you can go with lg bd 550 will cost you around 6k & it plays almost all famous extensions & is very fast.

yes,

any bd player will support the resolution. you can go with lg bd 550 will cost you around 6k & it plays almost all famous extensions & is very fast.

Thanks. Considering the screen resolution, what would be the positives of buying a BD player, picturewise. Will there be a noticable difference.

Thanks. Considering the screen resolution, what would be the positives of buying a BD player, picturewise. Will there be a noticable difference.

I have the lg 550 player which I am not using as I have got the toshiba 3200ke from Germany. It plays most of the movie formats thru usb port and recognizes fat32 as well as ntfs formats and I have tried with my 500gb wd hdd. It plays smoothly and infact with 100 movies it used to load in seconds with the list page. I brought the lg player last year from ezone bangalore. PM me if you need the player we can negotiate.

Thanks.

DVD player will play only standard resolution dvd's. Download a 720p hd movie or samples & watch them through a blu-ray player & definitely you will understand what is HD & what you are suppose to watch in your LCD TV.

Most of the blu-ray players support USB but take care when selecting... i had that lg model & i connected my 500gb ntfs formatted hdd & played a lot of hd movies..as big as 30gb single video file & it was loaded in a sec & it can play almost all formats/ video files while your dvd player will support only a couple of extensions. If you want to watch movies from USB only, you can spend less by going for a media player..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back