Blu-Ray Player that will support 4 TB Hard Drive

Townie5Lax

Hey guys

Just grabbed a Seagate 4 TB drive on black Friday and just finished transferring all my media on to it. It's in NTSF, to support larger files, but it isn't recognized by my Samsung BD-E5300 or this IncrediSonic Media player. So I'm looking to find an inexpensive Blu-Ray player that will support this 4 TB drive.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! :clapping:

Certainly POPCORN Hour C300 or A400 are the only Multimedia players could handle 4TB+ HDDs in my experience. Of course C300 has got Blue Ray capability too. But the point of inexpensive does not fit in here, as so many expensive MM players are struggling to handle 2TB+ HDDs.

I have connected my 8TB RAID to PCH C300 / A 400 and it could handle it like a breeze the booting time is only 40 seconds. I am in the process of building 12TB RAID once it is done I will up date here the PCH's handling capacity here.

R. Balagopalan.

ASUS O!PLAY mini supports 4TB external HDD, I tried with 4tb Seagate backup plus HDD, I had 1TB data in it. But this player does not have bluray drive.

ASUS O!PLAY mini supports 4TB external HDD, I tried with 4tb Seagate backup plus HDD, I had 1TB data in it. But this player does not have bluray drive.

What is the booting time with out going to the direct folder view. Please try with full data in it cause a2TB HDD (with full data) connected to Asus oplay mini takes 2 hours and forty minutes to load with out going to direct folder view. No point in having a mm player for seeing the files as folders.

My LG BD670 plays from two 1 TB hdd connected through USB hub. Takes about 20 seconds or so to show folders from both. It can also recognize and play off a shared folder of a computer connected to the wifi with larger hdd

I like the folder view as it is quick to browse through the folders and select the file, so, I have not tried the other views. May be you are right.

What is the booting time with out going to the direct folder view. Please try with full data in it cause a2TB HDD (with full data) connected to Asus oplay mini takes 2 hours and forty minutes to load with out going to direct folder view. No point in having a mm player for seeing the files as folders.

with a partition, Oppo BDP 103 also supports 4TB. Though never used personally. Just read it on USA forum.

I believe you device is The Seagate Expansion. The HDD is powered with external power source. Hence, the HDD will not depend on the Power of USB port of the Player. You can play any size of Hard Disk with external power in any player, provided the player supports your HDD's format (NTFS/FAT) through its USB port.

You can play any size of Hard Disk with external power in any player, provided the player supports your HDD's format (NTFS/FAT) through its USB port.

Not so, The detecting of the HDD is not dependent on power supply alone it is dependent on the Media / Blueray player's capability too. Just check.

Hi Bala,

Even I would like to learn how to traverse 8TB of video content without organizing it into a nested folder structure.
In addition to all my DVDs and most blu-ray discs that I have captured on my harddisk, I also have hundreds of home video files. I would dread scrolling through this list to decide on a movie to watch.

Thanks,

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back