Blu-ray player with 5.1 ch analog output

vganapathy1000

Hello

i am searching for a blu-ray player with 5.1 ch analog audio output , as a exact replacement of existing DVD player (with 5.1 ch analog audio output).

already have two different sets of Speaker systems with in-built amplifiers ( 300 W RMS -- Philips SP 055 & Koryo Chinese set).

This HTIB meant for a medium size room, hooked up to Samsung 5 series 32 Inch LCD TV.

may consider to buy any used (blu-ray player with 5.1 ch analog audio output)compatible one also.:D

Blu-Ray players assume that you will use HDMI connections, and have component video and optical (or SPDIF) as legacy connectors. Discrete analog 5.1 is a legacy too far back in time to be found. Time to upgrade.

see if you can find samsung bd-c6900 or philips bdp7500 blu ray player. both have 7.1 ch analogue out. both these models are out of production...but in India, you never know, you might find an unsold unit some where.! all the best.

I have a 4 Months old Dune HD Max which is a region free Blu Ray/Media Player for sale, it has all the features you are looking at and much more, if interested then PM me.

Sherwood BDP5004 has 7.1 analog out. It is region free too. Another player is onida bdx 1100 (model not sure).

I have a 4 Months old Dune HD Max which is a region free Blu Ray/Media Player for sale, it has all the features you are looking at and much more, if interested then PM me.

May I ask why you are selling it? Did it give you trouble or do you find its performance poor? I too have one , using it since one year. Blu ray performance is good

May I ask why you are selling it? Did it give you trouble or do you find its performance poor? I too have one , using it since one year. Blu ray performance is good

I am selling it on behalf of a friend who is not the member of this forum, and he has given the player to me for sale and I have also opened a classified for it, he is selling it as he has upgraded to Cambridge Audio BD751 player.

I am selling it on behalf of a friend who is not the member of this forum, and he has given the player to me for sale and I have also opened a classified for it, he is selling it as he has upgraded to Cambridge Audio BD751 player.

And how is the 751s performance vs Dune?. Can it be made region free for Blurays? I too was thinking of the same upgrade

And how is the 751s performance vs Dune?. Can it be made region free for Blurays? I too was thinking of the same upgrade

Cambridge Audio BD751 is a player in the league of Oppo BDP 93 as if you open it then its identical to Oppo in all respect except the Analogue board which is from Cambridge Audio and uses a better DAC than Oppo.

Yes it can be made region free in the same manner as Oppo BDP 93 with a Mod Kit which is fitted inside the player.

Sony Blu-ray player compatible with 5.1 ch home theatre speakers

i have Sony DVD Home Theatre.i wanted to upgrade to Blue ray home theatre.

1. Can Blue ray player play normal DVD's and other CD's too ... ??

2. I do not want to change my sony 5.1 home theatre Speakers.
Will i get the Blueray player alone which is compatible with the Sony 5.1 Home theatre speakers.
- if yes what need to be done.

If Yes please suggest me where do i get .. or online also.

I am from Chennai.
email - [email protected]
Regards,
M Vasanth

Last edited:
1. Yes blu-ray players will play dvds and cds but some players won't play vcds.

2. You can use your sony home theater if it has coaxial or optical input. Buy a bluray player that has these outputs.

Why don't you upgrade your AVR in that budget rather than spending 50k on blu ray player? It will be more future proof.

Well my AVR is a Pioneer 59Txi and let me assure you its one hell of an AVR. Currentlly I tried to upgrade to the latest Pioneer top offerings like SC-68 and went to the demo room with my 59Txi, doing AB comparison it turned out that SC-68 is not even half of my 59Txi in terms of audio quality.

Though SC-68 had so many nifty features. So I want to a have a decent BDP with 7.1 channel output or iLink support, so if there is any BDP supporting iLink connection it will be even better. :)

Last edited:
Oppo players have 7.1 output. But the superior sound quality is attributed to their premium models - Oppo-95 and the new Oppo-105. Their picture quality is also top rated.

Thanks boys for the instant response, but will the Cambridge Audio BDPs be better than the Oppos on the analogue 7.1 channel output?

From various reviews it seems that CA is using Oppo's with redesigned analogue section for further SQ improvement.

Also is there any BDP available now with the iLink connection? Top receivers like my 59Txi used to come with this digital audio interface which was later taken over by HDMI. iLink are also known as Fireware connections as far as I can recall.

My 59 Txi cannot decode HD audio so it would have been great if the BD player decodes HD audio and then send the digital data via iLink connection saving unnecessary DAC/ ADC conversions.

I can flex my budget to 60K max.

Hi guys:)

I am looking for a good BD player with 7.1 channel output. My AVR does not support HDMI. Budget is 50K.
With your budget you can try Cambridge Audio BD651. Its received good reviews. Alternatively if you dont mind a combination of media player cum bluray the Dune HD Max is a good choice. It has 7.1 outs and costs around INR 38000. I am using the latter with my Denon AVR 1906, which like your Pioneer doesnt have HDMI. The sound quality for Bluray is quite decent. Of course it cant compare to Oppo or CA for CD playback.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back