Blu-Ray Player with Wi-Fi and facility to use Wireless USB Keyboard Mouse Combo??

ukjeyaraj

Hi,

One of my cousin is looking for a Blu-Ray Player with Wifi and facility to use Wireless USB Keyboard Mouse combo.

Primary requirement is to use the player for browsing, watching youtube videos.

He is not comfortable with HTPC and does not want HDD media player as wants to use DVD/BD at times.

Found that Sony BDP-S5100 has wifi and also supports USB 101 Keyboard. But not sure if its wired keyboard or wireless keyboard.

Is there anyone using this BDP with wireless usb keyboard mouse combo. Also if there is any other BDP which is being used by our forum members along with Wireless USB Keyboard, please share the information.

Thanks in advance,

In general that all driverless usb wireless keyboard should work. I have tested my US purchased un-named wireless keyboard effectively with my panasonic plasma and PS3 both.

Most of the USB wifi keyboard is driverless anyway where the dongle which you attach to the PC / device projects a profile of a keyboard while internally using any protocol RF 2.4 GHz or Bluetooth it communicates with the actual keyboard and mouse behind the scene.

So go ahead with any keyboard they should work. If you still have doubts buy the keyboard first and then take to sony showroom for demoing before buying.

Sorry, I was travelling. You could use the app. Probably won't need to use keyboard and mouse? Not sure really. But, yes keyboard and mouse should work. I have used a wireless keyboard and mouse with my Panasonic TV. I would have tried it with me Pioneer 450 but unfortunately the mouse is kaput.
Thanks for the reply. I dont find anywhere info about this BDP supporting wirless usb keyboard. Do I miss something?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back