Blu-Ray Player - Zone & Region Free - Check this out!!

rajan

Was looking for a Zone free and Region free Blu-Ray Player with 3D capability.

Found this excellent Sony BDP-S5100, 3D blu-ray player (yet to be released in India I think) which can play all types of blu-rays and dvds from any region and zone), for $219.99 .
Shipping to India with 7-10 Days Express International and Tracking service & Insurance for $80.00.
Guess duty will be about 35%, so total landing cost maybe in the range of $370 (Rs 24K) - correct me if wrong.
If someone carries it from US, then at Rs 14K, it is a steal :licklips:

Universal voltage 110-240V. Can upgrade software anytime. Click below for more details.

Sony BDP-S5100 Region Free DVD - Region A,B,C Blu Ray Player | Works on any TV | BDPS5100 | S5100

THIS UNIT HAS A PERMANENT HARDWARE MODIFICATION. SO YOU CAN UPGRADE, CHANGE, RESET YOUR FIRMWARE AS YOU NEED WITHOUT LOSING THE REGION-FREE & ZONE-FREE CAPABILITY. THE REGION FREE FUNCTIONALITY ON THIS UNIT IS PERMANENT AND GUARANTEED FOR THE LIFE OF THE PLAYER.

For full list of zone and region free blu-ray players available from this seller, click on the link below :

Region Free Blu Ray DVD Players | Multi Region Blu Ray Player | Multi-Region Blu Ray DVD Player

The hardware mod costs around 30-40 euros in ebay, and you can get some electrical guy to do it, and sony s4100 costs 9.9k here! So total s around 14k approx

Another option if cant find someone to carry from US!

The hardware mod costs around 30-40 euros in ebay, and you can get some electrical guy to do it, and sony s4100 costs 9.9k here! So total s around 14k approx

Another option if cant find someone to carry from US!
Pure h/w mods for DIY are very difficult to find, if not impossible.

My advice is that if you can buy the above piece in US and bring it yourself, it is a very good deal. Importing it will be horribly expensive. Instead buying two units - one for Region A and one for Region B will work out cheaper.

Was looking for a Zone free and Region free Blu-Ray Player with 3D capability.

Found this excellent Sony BDP-S5100, 3D blu-ray player (yet to be released in India I think) which can play all types of blu-rays and dvds from any region and zone), for Shipping to India with 7-10 Days

No doubt its a good player but with limitations but for the price it's an awesome value for money ..... Please see my attempt to do a review on the below link...

http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-dvd-players-dvd-hard-disk-recorders/48046-sony-bdp-s5100.html

But is it really required to do a Hack firmware when we can run most of the Media available in india is Region free (ABC) ?

Another option is BDP-450 with fw below 2.0.9, its quite easy to make it region free without any extra cost

t is a very good deal. Importing it will be horribly expensive. Instead buying two units - one for Region A and one for Region B will work out cheaper.
SShln1

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back