Bluetooth Speakers/Sound Bar - Marshall Woburn, Bose etc.

iluvmusic

Hi everyone,

I am looking for compact dual purpose speakers for my bedroom.
Need to connect it to both my TV (Optical Out only) and laptop/phone via bluetooth. The room size is roughly 15' X 25'.

Basic requirements are :
1. Minimum wires.
2. Optical and bluetooth connectivity.
3. Wide open sound. Plus, I lean more towards Bass than treble. (Currently have a JBL SB200, but I find its sound too constricted and lacks clarity in vocals)
4. Use case: 60% Music, 10% TV, 30% Movies
5. budget approx. 40-50k (max)

Already have a dedicated HT in the house, so don't need a 5.1 setup for room. Should be enough to watch occasional movies.

I am considering:
1. Marshall Woburn - 40K on Amazon. Great reviews everywhere. But I would like to hear them first. Anyone knows where can I hear them in Delhi NCR??

2. Bose Cinemate 15 - 45K approx. Auditioned it, nice virtual surround, at least in movies. No bluetooth, will require a separate adapter, means more wires. Separate woofer, but is wired. That is a big issue for me. Would consider it only if no other option makes sense.

3. Bose Solo 15 Series II - 36K approx. Auditioned it. Again, nice virtual surround on movies. But sound depth was a bit lacking (No separate subwoofer). Also, while connected to phone via Aux, the max. sound output was less than expected.

Please suggest any other options also. But, would need to audition them in Delhi NCR. I think the perfect system would be a sound bar with wide open sound and wireless woofer.

Last edited:
BT and Aux (via headphone jack) is not a very good source for serious music listening.
Wired or Wi-fi are better options.

15x25 is a large area and any compact speakers or soundbar cannot do justice. Bose surround systems are good for movies; for music they barely qualify in my opinion.

If you are open to pre-owned then you may be able to put together a system with IA+BS and BT adapter to start within your budget. Later you can add streaming capability.

Cheers,
Raghu

I'd stay away from Bluetooth of any sort. Unless of course you are only limited to streaming Spotify and iTunes.

In this day and age with Chromecast Audio being available for so cheap it is a crime to choose Bluetooth over wireless streaming.

Thanks for your inputs.

Minimal wires is a must requirement.
Since I could not find a device to meet all my requirements, I have settled for NAD Viso 1.
Got a good deal on pre-owned one - 20K. :licklips:

It has bluetooth and Optical in. But, being purely digital - No Aux in :mad:
Will add Chromecast audio via Optical In later. My old iPod touch also got a new lease of life, as the speaker has a dock for old iPhone 30 pin connector.

Viso1 has decent sound quality and volume. Not the open kind of sound I was looking for. But, will have to do for now.

Polk Woodbourn matches all you requrement like optical for TV, WiFi and bluetooth for streaming, USB for I pod playback and AUX is also present.
Completely made up of magony wood classic finish.
Wide open sound
Built in sub design
Around 180watts power I think so.
Check with profx for demo.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back