• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted BluRay Player with MKV support. (region free if available)

Easy EMI Options at HiFiMART.com

yahoo0212

Hii.
After my WDTV Live went kaput (Hdmi Not working) I am looking for a BluRay Player which can also play MKV formats through USB and possibly mod 'ed by chips or software..
Minimum Requirement.
A. Either
1. Bluray Player (Preferably which can be region modded.--but not compulsory)
2. Should supports Mkv through USB (Should support NTFS format)
OR...B.
If USB is not available then a cheap BluRay player .. So that I can buy Asus O'Play Mini later...

Priority of features I am looking
1. BluRay with Region C(India)
2. USB support for Mkv (as most of my movie collection is in MKV/Mp4/Avi 5.1 format audio)
3. Region free modification
Condition.. Used or New or Newlike (open box/demo players)
Price.
For A. i.e with USB (NTFS Support) with mkv decoding, region free mod support Rs.8000
For B. i.e simple BluRay 3000-4000

Expected models.
1.Toshiba BDX3200 (Region modding option available, Plays Mkv thru USB, DTS MA also available)
2. Pioneer BDP-330,333, LX-53,140,440
3. Any other brand models with USB support like Samsung 5500

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  5. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  6. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  7. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  8. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  9. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

yahoo0212

On another thought, have you tried getting wdtv live repaired?
Where can be that done.. I called up toll free no of WD and they replied WD TV Live cannot be repaired in India,,It can be only replaced..but mine is out of warranty..Any other place where it can be repaired??

yahoo0212

Philps BDP 2600 offers indian region blu ray play and also mkv usb play. Flipkart is selling it for 4900-

Flipkart: Philips BDP2600/94 Blu Ray Player: Video Player
I checked the manual of the above BDP and it reads

""File system: FAT16, FAT32
Support HDD (a portable hard drive disc): an external power source may be needed.""

i.e It supports only FAT16 and FAT32 drives... I have BR Rips higher than 4GB which cannot be accommodated in FAT32 drives.
I am not sure if it supports NTFS too as it is also mentioned that Support HDD (a portable.........)

Existing users of this BDP might help... by trying out NTFS drives on the BDP
thanks

Adi30

I have a Panason BDP 80 Blu ray player for sale bought from US if interested.

Arvind

Hii.
After my WDTV Live went kaput (Hdmi Not working) I am looking for a BluRay Player which can also play MKV formats through USB and possibly mod 'ed by chips or software..
Minimum Requirement.
A. Either
1. Bluray Player (Preferably which can be region modded.--but not compulsory)
2. Should supports Mkv through USB (Should support NTFS format)
OR...B.
If USB is not available then a cheap BluRay player .. So that I can buy Asus O'Play Mini later...

Priority of features I am looking
1. BluRay with Region C(India)
2. USB support for Mkv (as most of my movie collection is in MKV/Mp4/Avi 5.1 format audio)
3. Region free modification
Condition.. Used or New or Newlike (open box/demo players)
Price.
For A. i.e with USB (NTFS Support) with mkv decoding, region free mod support Rs.8000
For B. i.e simple BluRay 3000-4000

Expected models.
1.Toshiba BDX3200 (Region modding option available, Plays Mkv thru USB, DTS MA also available)
2. Pioneer BDP-330,333, LX-53,140,440
3. Any other brand models with USB support like Samsung 5500

aakashr

Most Bluray players currently have USB support and also play a gamut of formats including mkv files.

deba

You can go for the Sony BDP S380 it supports NTFS and FAT and I have connected my 1 TB HDD and it plays without any problem.....:cool:)

mkreddy

BDP S380 can recognise only one partion of NTFS disk. i.e. if you have multiple partioions, it will show only first partion.
Picure quality is pretty good with this player.

aakashr

You can go for the Sony BDP S380 it supports NTFS and FAT and I have connected my 1 TB HDD and it plays without any problem.....:cool:)

Yes, thats a good one.............was thinking of going for it myself at one time.

yahoo0212

I have a Panason BDP 80 Blu ray player for sale bought from US if interested.

Arvind
I dont think it supports NTFS Drives and is it MultiRegion modded.. Whats yr price? PM.
Please check if your 1 TB Hdd is FAT 32 or NTFS formatted..
Does it play s MKV formats?

deba

@ yahoo 0212

100% confirmed that the Sony BDP S380 will play from a NTFS drive.......it plays mkv format very well , if you get wrong aspect ratio then mux the file through MKV merge 3.0.0 once and the aspect ratio problem will be solved......

aakashr

The Sony S380 is a great player but has now been replaced with the new S480, both might be available.

atharva

@Yahoo0212, Did you buy anything?

I am looking for a player with same specs except I also want subtitles support from external .srt/.sub files. i.e. for file A.mkv if a file named A.srt is placed in the same directory, then it is used as subtitles. This is common with media streamers/players like Xtreamer/WDTV etc.