• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Bluray player

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Audiolab 6000A Amplifier
D

Deleted member 38504

Budget upto max 50k

Would prefer new or NOS.

Multi region preferred.

But open to a sparingly used one as well.

Thank you.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.
D

Deleted member 38504

What’s the pricing for the Oppo 203? Anyone have any idea?

D

Deleted member 38504

Oh boy those are some serious ridiculous prices in India :rolleyes:

efernand1

When Oppo 203 launched, it was priced at 74999 officially on their website......

arunkvivek

Oppo 203 has an awesome DAC. I use it as my network media player. I wish it had a few apps and solved the problem of lack of an android box. I connect NUC to Oppo via HDMI in for addressing this concern. I have witnessed a few blu-ray players which stutter during demo. Not Oppo. It is built to last.
Unfortunately with Oppo stopping production, it might not be a good investment to make.

Indranil Sen

Hello,
I have been using Oppo BDP-95 for the last several years and it is a great universal player. Very recently I have placed an order for Oppo UDP-205, their flagship player, notwithstanding their closing operation in the USA. Oppo would be still be around for at-least 3 years just for servicing their products. If somebody wants to buy a Oppo product it should not be an issue given their established product quality and customer service.
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 38504

The only problem is the BDP will be in my tv room. My music is in my living room where I plan to have a CD player. So basically I can’t use the BDP Oppo as my CD player for music in the living room. Otherwise if it would been only in one place then yes, the 203 would have made sense as a BDP , a streamer and a CD player.

Indranil Sen

Celester340- You could work around this location issue. Here is one way to do it.
1. If your receiver supports multi-room feature then you need extra length of speaker cable to connect your receiver to the speakers located in the living room. Since it is music I assume that you would be listening to a 2 channel system and any AVR which supports multi-room will have additional speaker terminals for at-least 2 speakers.
2. If you are using separates and your current amplifier has two unused channels then the solution is the same as above. Use the two unused channels in the amplifier to power the two speakers, located in the living room with long speaker cables.
3. If your amplifier doesn't have any unused channels then you have to buy a 2 channel amplifier which involves additional cost and is not obviously a preferred approach.
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 38504

Thanks sir for the detailed reply. I'm awaiting prices for the 203 and then will sit and rack my head about how to go about getting this done.

Thanks again!

efernand1

@ Celester340

Multi room will be something like this and your Yamaha does support it....

The challenge is that all your sources will be connected in the HT room (Main Room as per image) and your hall (Sub Zone) with the Stereo speakers will practically have only the speakers and nothing else.....

Unless you will be using / streaming music from your phone / ipad to the AVR...(depends on range and distance between HT & Hall), it may not be a viable solution....

ExtraBass_1200x391_42dcf3c1444c18619066016923bbe5f8.jpg