bookshelf speaker fell down and broke- need help in fixing

I was very excited installing the wall speaker mounts videocu to hold by BIC America 62vsi bookshelf speakers and the setup was completed as per the instructions. The speaker holder good for one day and don't know what happened the speaker fell down by itself with a big bang sound. There is a crack on the back of the box and thought everything is okay. And when lifted the speaker understood the magnet came off. Below are there picss. The diaphragm is all okay and the magnet got seperated. How to fix this now ? Pls suggest and guide me, I stay in Hyderabad.

Sasank

Attachments

• IMG_20140720_223953.jpg
    IMG_20140720_223953.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 181
Maybe you should carefully put back the magnet after checking that the four protrusions on the magnet plate mate properly with the frame. You also need to check the glue marks to ensure that the 'same' pins go into the original holes. Then play the speaker to see if the coil rubs. It it doesn't then remove the magnet and apply araldite very carefully ( not too close to the coil) and put it back, You need very little. If you use too much the glue will squeeze out and get into the magnet gap !
From your post it looks like you know nothing about all this. If so please go to a proper technician or 'techie' and get it done.

The main problem will be fixing the coil within that magnet space perfectly.If its not smooth,then there will be a distortion.

What you are having is a difficult thing to handle, without proper tools or work around. Take it to a speaker repair person, as they have always some way to fix it. If you are not careful, on trying to put the magnet bak, there is a great chance that your magnet may stick back to the casket faster than u think when u bring them together. If not in right place it may damage the voice coil permanently. I had a similar situation where I screwed up a rare speaker which I had.

Hyderabad should be having reliable speaker repair facilities, it's a large city.
If you cannot find someone, there is one on the forum from Kolkata, sidewinder18x. His firm is Hunter Audio. I had got a surround replacement done from him and was very satisfied with his work.

Thanks everyone for replies. I am in Hyderabad but not sure of any pro in speaker repairs. Any suggestions?. Will this work at all even if glued?

Thanks everyone for replies. I am in Hyderabad but not sure of any pro in speaker repairs. Any suggestions?. Will this work at all even if glued?
Setting coil perfectly within magnet cavity is the task.It should suspend properly ,if it touches side,there will be distortion for sure.So be careful.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back