Bookshelf speakers for my Marantz PM 410 amplifier

rajibgupta0810

Hello HiFiers,

I'm looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers for my Marantz PM410 amplifier. It's a vintage amplifier manufactured in 1981, having a wattage of 47W.
I want the Marantz to be connected to my Philips 242 Hi-Fi International vintage turntable thats fitted with with Classic 700 cartridge and original EEI stylus. I have a pair of 1979 manufactured vintage Philips Alnico full range speakers, however their wattage being 10W, they are definitely underpowered to be played with the Marantz. I fear that if I attach them to the Marantz, in case the volume gets on the higher side by chance, those two pair of Philips might give in and fall flat for good.
Hence I'm on the lookout for a pair of bookshelf speakers, your valuable advice on the brand, their compatibility, the right wattage to choose that would be compatible with the Marantz, and their performance is really welcome. Please share your thoughts and opinions on this.Thanks for your assistance... 🙏

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-180420_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220701-180420_Chrome.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 9
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back