Bookshelf speakers INR 50-80K.

chandu2106

Hello Friends,

I'm looking for bookshelf speakers for my stereo setup. This should be an upgrade from my existing Dali Zensor 7 towers. Need worm sounding speakers.

Amp : Rega Brio
Preferred Loc : Bangalore for the audition.

Set up is in 11 X 16 ft living room. 11ft distance is the listening direction.
Open for preowned.

Please direct me to available options.

Thanks in advance.

Not listened to many speakers in this range but own a Dynaudio Emit M20.
They sound really spacious with lushvocals , dynamics much better than my other speakers and have a good quantity of bass which goes quiet deep as compared to my other bookshelfs. As per fellow members it needs a 150WPC amp to be driven well but at the moment i am satisfied driving them out of my PM6006 as well

I have just finished my quest for speakers. I had a similar budget but I had space constraints. The speakers I was looking at were -
1 - Dynaudio Emit M20 - which as @fLUX already stated require power to shine, but apparently can be driven with humbler amps and these speakers are sonically second to none in the price range.
2 - You could even consider Wharfedale Evo 4.2, I would have loved to get these, but space was at a premium, this would also perhaps be the closest replacement to your towers, in a bookshelf form - as these are pretty large, these have received rave reviews all over. Apparently the ribbon tweeter is a revelation and as wharfedale pairs them with an Audiolab 6000a in all audio shows, I doubt your rega will have any issue driving these.

Now I know this doesn't help in any way - but check out the sound sommelier's youtube channel playing the evo 4.2s. I know all the factors involved, like recording and playing it through your speakers, I understand it all, but it still can give you a little insight in to the way these might sound. Atleast you will get an idea of their size ;)

Given you are in Bangalore, I would suggest checking out Acoustic portrait. They have a passive bookshelf in that range. You may be in for a pleasant surprise.

The 75K INR Passive version of the Kaavi bookshelves from AP should be considered if you're looking for neutral, natural sound. I have heard the active version which is great.

The Emit20 and Evo 4.2 are also good choices indeed. The Emit20 is better if you listen to genres like rock and metal but otherwise the AP is definitely worth auditioning. The Evo 4.2 I have not heard but the Wharfedale house sound is known to be warm.

I received the delivery of the Concept 20s yesterday, haven't got around to really using them yet, however I have heard them before and they were very good. Not incredible, but very good. They perhaps won't be Emit M20 levels (as everywhere people just love the Emits and can't really fault them), but they are almost half the price - if you skip the stands.

Not listened to many speakers in this range but own a Dynaudio Emit M20.
They sound really spacious with lushvocals , dynamics much better than my other speakers and have a good quantity of bass which goes quiet deep as compared to my other bookshelfs. As per fellow members it needs a 150WPC amp to be driven well but at the moment i am satisfied driving them out of my PM6006 as well

Thank you fLUX, I'll consider Emit M20 in my list.

I have just finished my quest for speakers. I had a similar budget but I had space constraints. The speakers I was looking at were -
1 - Dynaudio Emit M20 - which as @fLUX already stated require power to shine, but apparently can be driven with humbler amps and these speakers are sonically second to none in the price range.
2 - You could even consider Wharfedale Evo 4.2, I would have loved to get these, but space was at a premium, this would also perhaps be the closest replacement to your towers, in a bookshelf form - as these are pretty large, these have received rave reviews all over. Apparently the ribbon tweeter is a revelation and as wharfedale pairs them with an Audiolab 6000a in all audio shows, I doubt your rega will have any issue driving these.

Thank you Chander, yes I've EVO4.2 already in my list :) . Due to size still looking for other options. Yes, EVO 4.2 is in first priority.

If you are willing to consider used, you can get a lot of very good speakers. FM @Goldenears has a pair of KEF LS50 to sell and is Bangalore for instance. You can check with him if its available and if it is in your budget

There are likely more such great bookshelves on HFV. I personally would go that route.

Evo 4.2 looks like a killer. Us price is 1000 dollars and in india you are getting them for 71 or so. I guess its a good value to performance ratio much better than other speakers which are generally priced twice as much compared to their us prices.
In case you buy i would reAlly like to know about your experience.
Can someone tell me if in case i plan to upgrade to these from rti a7 will it be a sound decision? My usage is 50:50
Marantz 6013 and rti sounds too bright at high volumes havent been able to figure out why.

If you are willing to consider used, you can get a lot of very good speakers. FM @Goldenears has a pair of KEF LS50 to sell and is Bangalore for instance. You can check with him if its available and if it is in your budget

There are likely more such great bookshelves on HFV. I personally would go that route.

Sure vineetrad, I'll connect with him.Thank you.

Evo 4.2 looks like a killer. Us price is 1000 dollars and in india you are getting them for 71 or so. I guess its a good value to performance ratio much better than other speakers which are generally priced twice as much compared to their us prices.
In case you buy i would reAlly like to know about your experience.
Can someone tell me if in case i plan to upgrade to these from rti a7 will it be a sound decision? My usage is 50:50
Marantz 6013 and rti sounds too bright at high volumes havent been able to figure out why.

Sure Akshit2111, I'll share the experience If I purchase Evo4.2.

Back