Bookshelf speakers+subwoofer+amplifier

sarathbabutp

Hi All,
I am looking for a speaker(stereo) system for my 40" Sony LED TV. I have a small room 15x10 feet. I do not have much knowledge in this, I have a budget of INR 40k. I want a pair of bookshelf speaker and a subwoofer.
Is it really required an amplifier for this set up?
I have seen some powered subwoofer(polk audio psw10) which has speaker out.Does these type of subwoofer is enough for bookshelf speakers.
Please suggest me a good solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For your setup you would require an amp to connect the speakers and subwoofer. Plus a source for playing cd or blueray.

Hi All,
I am looking for a speaker(stereo) system for my 40" Sony LED TV. I have a small room 15x10 feet. I do not have much knowledge in this, I have a budget of INR 40k. I want a pair of bookshelf speaker and a subwoofer.
I have seen some powered subwoofer(polk audio psw10) which has speaker out.Does these type of subwoofer is enough for bookshelf speakers.

JBL SB 350 is the best option for soundbar and Subwoofer for your requirements.

If you go with bookshelf speakers you'd need a amplifier. Cheaper Chinese amps like Smsl Q5 pro with dedicated Sub out, Bookshelf speakers between 15 -20k from Boston Acoustics, Wharfedale diamond, Q acoustics etc would be a first step investment. Adding a good subwoofer at 25k like Taga SW 10, Bic America as a next upgrade when budget permits will be a better option. Or you can get cheaper active Subwoofers around 15k from Yamaha or Pioneer.

Compared to the first option the second one is bit tedious and needs patient approach with audition and lot of research on hifi forums. It'd be best if stereo music listening is a equally important priority. I'd pick the first option of soundbar and Subwoofer if it is mainly for enhancing the TV viewing experience.

Alternatively you can consider buying used gear ( mainly AVR or HTIB) from classifieds section for more VFM options for amplifier and bookshelf speakers. Powered speakers with good bass response can be considered as well.
How big is your room?
What's the usage pattern, TV audio vs stereo music?

Hi All,

Adding some pointers to what FM have already provided..

- sound bar (Limited connectivity)
- power speakers (No options other than relying TV's headphone out (or) analogue out)
- Small Chinese amps + BS + Sub (Good connectivity, but lot of cables)
- Entry level AVR + BS + / - sub (Best connectivity with 4 -5 HDMI inputs, DTS & dolby decoding and less wire clutter)

Weigh your options & choose accordingly..

Based on your budget you have to go with Yamaha,Pioneer & Denon 5.1 basic setup.
and another options is
Pioneer AVR + TAGA 5.0
Stereo Amp + Bookshelfs
But don't expect great quality from this options due to budget setup and only TV Source for music/movies.

For your setup you would require an amp to connect the speakers and subwoofer. Plus a source for playing cd or blueray.

Yes...so I am looking for an amp which have the option to connect speakers and sub...

You should look at sound bars with sub woofers for everything to fit into 40k.

I already have Sony HT-RT3 5.1 home theatre(18k), but I am not satisfied with it.Sound clarity is good but no bass. I need tight bass.

JBL SB 350 is the best option for soundbar and Subwoofer for your requirements.

If you go with bookshelf speakers you'd need a amplifier. Cheaper Chinese amps like Smsl Q5 pro with dedicated Sub out, Bookshelf speakers between 15 -20k from Boston Acoustics, Wharfedale diamond, Q acoustics etc would be a first step investment. Adding a good subwoofer at 25k like Taga SW 10, Bic America as a next upgrade when budget permits will be a better option. Or you can get cheaper active Subwoofers around 15k from Yamaha or Pioneer.

Compared to the first option the second one is bit tedious and needs patient approach with audition and lot of research on hifi forums. It'd be best if stereo music listening is a equally important priority. I'd pick the first option of soundbar and Subwoofer if it is mainly for enhancing the TV viewing experience.

Alternatively you can consider buying used gear ( mainly AVR or HTIB) from classifieds section for more VFM options for amplifier and bookshelf speakers. Powered speakers with good bass response can be considered as well.
How big is your room?
What's the usage pattern, TV audio vs stereo music?

Thank you for your opinion,
I already have Sony HT-RT3 5.1 home theatre.
But not satisfied with it's bass...
I want punchy,tight bass.Since do not have budget and room space for spending more than 50k for a 5.1 theatre set up. So I decided to go with stereo speakers with sub.My colleague has Taga sw10. That will not fit my room.
I will look into detail as per your opinion..
Thank you[emoji846]

Adding some pointers to what FM have already provided..

- sound bar (Limited connectivity)

- power speakers (No options other than relying TV's headphone out (or) analogue out)

- Small Chinese amps + BS + Sub (Good connectivity, but lot of cables)

- Entry level AVR + BS + / - sub (Best connectivity with 4 -5 HDMI inputs, DTS & dolby decoding and less wire clutter)

Weigh your options & choose accordingly..

-Small Chinese amps+BS+Sub

I think this will workout for my need..Sounds good.
Can you please suggest some good brands which are value for money.
Thank you[emoji846]

Based on your budget you have to go with Yamaha,Pioneer & Denon 5.1 basic setup.
and another options is
Pioneer AVR + TAGA 5.0
Stereo Amp + Bookshelfs
But don't expect great quality from this options due to budget setup and only TV Source for music/movies.

I am not interested in 5.1 system.
Last option is enough for me.
Stereo Amp + Bookshelfs.
But in this set up I am worried about bass.

What about Polk Audio PSW10?
It has speaker output and could work with speakers right?

It is also basic sub.Your expected bass is not there.forget sub now go with stereo amp and bookshelfs. If you find good 2.0 setup you don't need sub.

What about Polk Audio PSW10?
It has speaker output and could work with speakers right?

Yes.. This function comes in to use when you don't have a sub-out on the stereo amplifier.. If the stereo amp has sub-out, then you can overlook the sub-woofer speaker output connection..

I am not interested in 5.1 system.
Last option is enough for me.
Stereo Amp + Bookshelfs.
But in this set up I am worried about bass.

If you are a bass lover go for SVS but for budget setup stereo amp and bookshelfs is enough.try KEF Q300 and Marantz Stereo Amp.

Hi Sarath....

If you are happy with the sound of the Sony and just want more bass, then maybe you can just add a sub in place of the sub that came with the Sony.

If you can post a pic of the Sony's sub out connection on the Sony hub, then we can see if it's possible to wire an external sub, this should give you more bass than you need, as the external sub will come with gain controls

Hi Sarath....

If you are happy with the sound of the Sony and just want more bass, then maybe you can just add a sub in place of the sub that came with the Sony.

If you can post a pic of the Sony's sub out connection on the Sony hub, then we can see if it's possible to wire an external sub, this should give you more bass than you need, as the external sub will come with gain controls

Hi, I sold Sony [emoji846]

Hi,
I bought Taga Harmony inTONE 2.1 speaker system.I am using it for my pc,ipad,iphone and very happy with its performance.
I have some queries;
Is there any possibility to attach an amplifier or stereo receiver to this 2.1 system?
If I can attach any amp or receiver is there any advantage ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back