Bookshelves within 20k in MUMBAI

harsh247

hi guys
i am in mumbai for a week
i wanna buy a pair of bookshelves for 20k
please give suggestions. Also where i can buy them here
thanks!

Harsh, ultimately the sound has to appeal to you. VFM imho should not be the primary criteria.
As far as common consensus goes, speakers like Wharfedale 9.1, Q acoustics 1010i, Monitor Audio M2, Cambridge audio s30 etc are VFM options. But its a speaker, rather than a fully electronic product, where its the sound that counts rather than features. So try to coordinate a visit to the main hifi outlets in Mumbai and listen to as many to get an idea of what sound suits you the best.
Prices, purchase can be worked out later too as e-transactions and courier are viable options.( I know Kolkata is an exception here)
Good luck.

Harsh, ultimately the sound has to appeal to you. VFM imho should not be the primary criteria.
As far as common consensus goes, speakers like Wharfedale 9.1, Q acoustics 1010i, Monitor Audio M2, Cambridge audio s30 etc are VFM options. But its a speaker, rather than a fully electronic product, where its the sound that counts rather than features. So try to coordinate a visit to the main hifi outlets in Mumbai and listen to as many to get an idea of what sound suits you the best.
Prices, purchase can be worked out later too as e-transactions and courier are viable options.( I know Kolkata is an exception here)
Good luck.

Wharfedale 10.2
KEF iq 10/30
PSB image B6
Monitor M2
Q Acoustics 2020

these are the speaker choices i gathered from other threads.
any suggestions?

If your budget is strictly 20K INR then you will have to take PSB IMage B6 out of your list as they will cost you more... may be you can get its younger sibling B5 for about 23-25K INR

If your budget is strictly 20K INR then you will have to take PSB IMage B6 out of your list as they will cost you more... may be you can get its younger sibling B5 for about 23-25K INR

which is not a bad thing at all
infact i had liked the smaller sibling more than the older one!

If Andheri is approchable to you, do visit DN Road at Andheri, where you can find 3 shops in few meters distance.

a) The Shop (Onkyo, Denon)
b) Alliance Four (Wharf, Yamaha etc)
c) Viola (Polk,QAcoustics,Boston Acousitcs)

Me too looking for a pair of Bookshelf speakers!

Does anyone know how much Mordaunt-Short Aviano 1, Aviano 1XR, or Aviano 2 costs? Any of them under 20K.
And how about Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, 9.2, 10.1, 10.2?

Thanks

Me too looking for a pair of Bookshelf speakers!

Does anyone know how much Mordaunt-Short Aviano 1, Aviano 1XR, or Aviano 2 costs? Any of them under 20K.
And how about Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, 9.2, 10.1, 10.2?

Thanks

Hi,

MS Aviano-1 may cost Rs.15k and Aviano-2 @19.5k,and Aviano1XR may cost in between.

Wharfedale Diamonds:
9.1 @13k,
9.2 @14.5k,
10.1 @15k and
10.2@20k.

These are indicative prices , retail prices may vary. Pl check with dealer.

N.Murali

What is the price of Q Acoustics 2010 bookshelf speakers?

Also, like to know the price of Liberty 14 AWG speaker cable.

Polk Audio RTi A3 also can be considered. (22k)

I am using RTi A5 and happy with that.

If there are RTi A3 owners in this forum, they can comment on that

Hello,
My room size is 14'x15'= 225 sq. ft.
Polk audio floor standing speaker - TSI 400 Tower 200watts = Rs. 29000/-
Polk audio centre speaker CS 10 = Rs. 9500/-
Polk audio Bookself speaker 1025 watts RTI A 1 = 16000/- pair.
Polk audio sub woofer DSW Pro 550 watt 10" down firing = Rsp 27000/-
Amp Denon 1611 = Rsp 31900/-
Amp Denon 1610 = 25000/- net
Amp Denon 1911 = Rs. 45900/-

Tell me how is going?

Price you have quoted are MRP not the actual. For eg - Denon AVR 1611 actual price is around 28k.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back