Borderlinx

square_wave

I was looking at this site. Couple of questions.

1. Do these guys ship from sellers other than online stores ? For example, if I like a product sold by a direct to customer seller, if the seller agrees, will these guys get it down for me ?

2. Are there any benefits getting it down through these guys instead of allowing the seller to ship it via UPS etc..from USA ?

3. How reliable and safe are these guys ?

Sorry...I saw couple of detailed threads on these guys..will check it out.

If there is anything new by anyone to add to what has already been discussed, please feel free to post.

So I registered on borderlinx. I got myself a US virtual shipping address too. A few questions to those of you who have used their service.
I buy what I want from the US by wiring money/credit card etc... Now the product gets shipped to my virtual address which is probably the warehouse for borderlinx.

Questions:
1.Does the sellers responsibility end once he ships to my virtual address in the US ?

2.Overseas shipping from my virtual address in US - reaching Indian shores - customs clearance - local delivery in India. All this is done by Borderlinx. Am I correct in assuming this ?

3.When do I pay the money to borderlinx towards shipping charges, customs etc..?

4.Once I pay borderlinx, I sit and wait for the product to arrive at my doorstep. Am I correct? Is there anywhere else I need to intervene?

Thanks,
Square.

So I registered on borderlinx. I got myself a US virtual shipping address too. A few questions to those of you who have used their service.
I buy what I want from the US by wiring money/credit card etc... Now the product gets shipped to my virtual address which is probably the warehouse for borderlinx.

Questions:
1.Does the sellers responsibility end once he ships to my virtual address in the US ?

2.Overseas shipping from my virtual address in US - reaching Indian shores - customs clearance - local delivery in India. All this is done by Borderlinx. Am I correct in assuming this ?

3.When do I pay the money to borderlinx towards shipping charges, customs etc..?

4.Once I pay borderlinx, I sit and wait for the product to arrive at my doorstep. Am I correct? Is there anywhere else I need to intervene?

Thanks,
Square.

1. If you mean his responsibility to deliver to the buyer, then yes.
2. Yes, everything.
3. You are charged when you ask them to ship
4. Nothing else to do.

At least to Bangalore, they are able to deliver on the 3/4 day after you ship.

I have used it few times without issues. Just don't go completely by the duty calc on their website. Their duty estimate was very low in most cases (though taxes and shipping charges were correct).

Thanks yrk1969.

About the headsup on the customs, how much will I eventually pay as customs/taxes etc.. for something which costs 1 lakh ? I am basically looking to see how much will I pay up apart from the shipping costs.

Thanks yrk1969.

About the headsup on the customs, how much will I eventually pay as customs/taxes etc.. for something which costs 1 lakh ? I am basically looking to see how much will I pay up apart from the shipping costs.

you cud probably use the borderlinx cost calculator ,that shud give you an idea

Thanks yrk1969.

The actual duty would vary from item to item, but I normally use this formula (e.g. on Rs 100,000 value):

Value : 100000
Borderlinx Shipping Charge : 5000
Duty+Taxes : 27% of (100000 + 5000) = 28350

Hence net to you = 100000 + 5000 + 28350 = 133350

The Value you will know, and Borderlinx calculator will give you the shipping charges exactly, as long as you know the weight and dimensions of the package exactly.

The max I have imported in a shipment has been around $700 (mix of stuff, BD, speakers).

For larger value shipments, I think, the customs may ask for additional papers (copy of invoice, item description etc) through DHL. But I think that should be straight-forward.

regards
Sandeep

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back