Bose CineMate GS any good? (True Space)

dashdash

Hello All,

I have decided to buy Denon AVR 1911 and wondering what speaks to go for (50K budget for speakers).

I have checked Bose CineMate with "TrueSpace" technology which gives some thing called virtual surround with just 2 speakers which is 53K Rs.

I would prefer fewer and smaller components and hence am interested in this speaker. Can anybody guide on pros and cons of buying these Bose speakers? Will it be a waste to have Denon 1911 which can drive 9.1 to just drive 2 speakers?

Inputs are very valuable to me. Please let me know.

TIA,
Raghu

personal opinion...

stay away from bose... neways they dont let the specs out...

its still a technology not real 5.1 .. so can't compensate for a proper 5.1

53k is a decent budget.. you can always get an avr and get satellite speakers if you want small speakers.. however wiring will be there but i assume the quality of sound should compensate the wires passing through...

also if you want just 2 speakers.. you wud not need a denon 1911. .its a proper avr that have got features that you might not be able to put to use in 2 channel mode and it will be a useless buy..

go for good BS speakers with a good amp say marantz.. and you will be good...
they will fetch you far better sound in that bose...

so if ya decide for stereo setup go through threads which have amp + speaker combos and you can audition them....

else go with the HT section..

personal opinion...

stay away from bose if you love the beauty of music and sound.
If you are not prefere to upscaling video then dont spend your mony on high end models.
you can always get an avr and get satellite speakers if you want small speakers..
Denon 13xx or Denon 16xx or Yamaha RX V471 or Pioneer VSX 820 + polk audio 5.1 speakers are a better choice....and there are more branded speakers available.

Do not select HT packages. Buy the receiver and speakers only from the respective manufacture.

Hello All,

I have decided to buy Denon AVR 1911 and wondering what speaks to go for (50K budget for speakers).

I have checked Bose CineMate with "TrueSpace" technology which gives some thing called virtual surround with just 2 speakers which is 53K Rs.

I would prefer fewer and smaller components and hence am interested in this speaker. Can anybody guide on pros and cons of buying these Bose speakers? Will it be a waste to have Denon 1911 which can drive 9.1 to just drive 2 speakers?

Inputs are very valuable to me. Please let me know.

TIA,
Raghu

Why spend money for four letters? When you buying Bose you are paying for the brand more than the speakers. You have better choices, get some excellent Bookshelves. PSB, Wharfdale, ect...check out with ppl here. If you looking for 5.1 then 5 bookshelves is a great choice as you have perfect matching for center. Not many do it though, not because it is a bad choice. I know a couple who have 5 same towers! A tower for center!! These guys are above most of our league though ;)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-872869.html
3rd tower of bookshelf as center channel? - DVDfile.com forum for DVD, Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD

theironhorse, kpshery, ShaQ.Blogs thanks for your feedback.

All the while I was wondering why not much discussion Bose in this forum and now I understand. I too hate this proprietory guys. The Bose shop guys say read in the website and website does not indicate any spec!

One of the reasons I am planning for 1911 is, for now my primary requirement is music but may be I will buy other speakers over time to get a HT and I want the AVR to be good enough to drive the HT. Also, I see the 1911 is available for 34.5K as of yesterday.

I am left with another 65K for pair of good speakers. Any suggestions?

Yesterday, I listened to BS and FS. FS seem to sweep away! Now do I get good FS for 65K?

Please advise.

TIA

Why keep quiet when we all got an opportunity to smash Bose again..........:cool:)

theironhorse, kpshery, ShaQ.Blogs thanks for your feedback.

All the while I was wondering why not much discussion Bose in this forum and now I understand. I too hate this proprietory guys. The Bose shop guys say read in the website and website does not indicate any spec!

One of the reasons I am planning for 1911 is, for now my primary requirement is music but may be I will buy other speakers over time to get a HT and I want the AVR to be good enough to drive the HT. Also, I see the 1911 is available for 34.5K as of yesterday.

I am left with another 65K for pair of good speakers. Any suggestions?

Yesterday, I listened to BS and FS. FS seem to sweep away! Now do I get good FS for 65K?

Please advise.

TIA

How about PSB Image T6? Cant do better for that money. This floor stander is rated to be worth twice that. Here is a highly reliable review.
Other good FS worth looking at, B&W 684 i think, PSB image T5, Dali Icon 6, Paradigm Monitor. Being an owner of T6, I will say you will not be disappointed. This is a really really good speaker. The mid range is amazing, bass is great, no issues with tweeter. Want Room filling sound...get a FS!! This is rated as one of the top entry level floor standing speakers. Dont get any FS in the range of 40K or below. You can do better with 4-5 Bookshelves!
You might need to get a better receiver though than the 1911 for T6, which was my first choice. It is a 4 ohm speaker so once you connect 5 speakers and play at a high volume with significant bass content, the receiver could run out of juice.
If budget is of concern, my advice would be to a good pair of floorstanding and slowly build from there instead of going all out and buying a HT system. You can also do really well with bookshelves. (see...PSB B6, B5, Synchrony...Paradigm Studio 10, 20...Dali Icon...also some UK manufacturers of the likes Wharfedale make some good Bookshelves I know of)

For 65K, in my opnion...you cant get a better FS than the PSB T6...as of today.
If you get a good FS, and you wont have to upgrade for a long long time.

Last edited:
Please be aware that with the Bose Cine mate you cannot play your music CD player/ Ipod etc directly - even though they have provided a connection for it. You have play it via your TV or you will have to physically unplug the Optical cord,as the system will always give priority to that connection.

How about PSB Image T6? Cant do better for that money. This floor stander is rated to be worth twice that. Here is a highly reliable review.
Other good FS worth looking at, B&W 684 i think, PSB image T5, Dali Icon 6, Paradigm Monitor. Being an owner of T6, I will say you will not be disappointed. This is a really really good speaker. The mid range is amazing, bass is great, no issues with tweeter. Want Room filling sound...get a FS!! This is rated as one of the top entry level floor standing speakers. Dont get any FS in the range of 40K or below. You can do better with 4-5 Bookshelves!
You might need to get a better receiver though than the 1911 for T6, which was my first choice. It is a 4 ohm speaker so once you connect 5 speakers and play at a high volume with significant bass content, the receiver could run out of juice.
If budget is of concern, my advice would be to a good pair of floorstanding and slowly build from there instead of going all out and buying a HT system. You can also do really well with bookshelves. (see...PSB B6, B5, Synchrony...Paradigm Studio 10, 20...Dali Icon...also some UK manufacturers of the likes Wharfedale make some good Bookshelves I know of)

For 65K, in my opnion...you cant get a better FS than the PSB T6...as of today.
If you get a good FS, and you wont have to upgrade for a long long time.

Hi ShaQ.Blogs, can you clarify this - Let say I buy T6. And I dont need HT (rear/center speakers). As of now not even a sub. In that can 1911 drive it? Should I buy 2311 instead? T6 spec says 20-200 Watts input power?
I have nt seen avr getting 200 Watts per channel in my limited search :sad:

Hi ShaQ.Blogs, can you clarify this - Let say I buy T6. And I dont need HT (rear/center speakers). As of now not even a sub. In that can 1911 drive it? Should I buy 2311 instead? T6 spec says 20-200 Watts input power?
first audtion and see if you like it....and dont go by specs...dont buy cos i said I liked it!! Choose on your 2 front speakers first....after you choose the speakers, then you can worry about your amp. Until then forget your amp/receiver no matter what someone says.

Matching amp with speakers is not as simple as just seeing the wattage...one needs to see impedance chart & phase chart...and choose appropriately depending on what the speaker would require to be driven easily. So get a professional to match the speakers to the amp.

hi,
try to audtion the Paradigm-Monitor and Tannoy they come out well with Denon 1911/1611 .
but keep away from the bose.. good luck/

Dash,

I had auditioned T6 with 1911, I must say the avr can drive these speakers. I listened to Scorpions, Bryan Adams, some Hindi songs etc. I must say the sound was clear and it filled the room very nicely. Vocal were bang in center, in fact I was assuming the vocals were coming from the center speaker, to convince myself I had to actually see the center speaker was not connected, which eventually wasn't. The bass was tight and not heart thumping. For my taste I should say the bass was lacking in the speakers. A sub was not connected while I was listening. From this audition I should say 1911 can drive T6 easily, never got a chance to listen to them with 2311 so cant comment on that.

I auditioned these speakers at Final Touch Bangalore. They have a dedicated room for audition and I was seated 6-7 feet from the speakers.

A request to Shaq, can you please share where you sourced speakers from and the experience you had buying them, I am sure it will help other forum members too.

Thanks

Last edited:
Are you sure you heard the T6? The bass in this speakers is a lot more than most floor standers. :rolleyes: ...Of course you cant compare this with a seperate sub.

That may be the notorious Bass Additive Extraction Module !! :eek:hyeah: <itch!> <itch!> <itch!> Still I am keeping quiet :rolleyes:

Edit: Oops! the T6 is not a Bose :eek:

--G0bble

Last edited:
Shaq,

I was not comparing T6 with any other FS speakers. I liked T6 for clarity, image and vocals. Bass was not deep for me (this is subjective, i have been listening to Jamo for a long time, hence this might be the reason).

Are you sure you heard the T6? The bass in this speakers is a lot more than most floor standers. :rolleyes: ...Of course you cant compare this with a seperate sub.

Shaq,

I was not comparing T6 with any other FS speakers. I liked T6 for clarity, image and vocals. Bass was not deep for me (this is subjective, i have been listening to Jamo for a long time, hence this might be the reason).

ahhhhhhhhh.......now thats a whole different thing. Bass not being deep enough.
What do you expect in a FS,....especially in this price range....to get deep bass like a sub...good luck with that search :D There are very few FS which go as deep as 32Hz. 40 Hz is what you see most FS touch...I presume you would need to spend a lot more to got deeper bass...yet for movies you would need a sub either way

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back