Bose Companion 2/20 or Buy Other Sound Equipment?

subsatya

Hello everybody!

I am looking for a small application speaker set. Usually connected to pc. But can be connected to phone too. I am looking for workspace music. And occasional night time quiet listening. They will be placed close to the listener. 2 speakers preferred.

Sound quality desired:
Music 90% Movie 10%
Clear, crisp and detailed,
Powerful sound not needed,
Subwoofer not needed, though little bass wouldn't matter.
Music genres: Electronic,ambient,classical and jazz.

Bose Companion 2 and 20 is tempting. Have to hear it in real. Would you guys recommend Bose for close and relaxed bedroom listening? Or Buy Other Sound Equipment?

Thanks!

[P.S. I already own a 5.1 Paradigm/Onkyo system in living room]

Hello everybody!

Bose Companion 2 and 20 is tempting. Have to hear it in real.

Hey hi,

I use a pair of Bose companion 2, placed in a corner, connected to tp-link Bluetooth receiver. Lovely speakers for low volume, near field, desktop listening.

Got them pre worshipped on a good deal, so vfm, however if you're looking to buy new, then I am sure if they are the best in that price.

MaSh

I have Bose Companion 2 and they sound great. I had it with my iMac and now I have moved to my L shaped Living room connected to Echo Dot. Echo Dot acts as my Bluetooth receiver/Smart device for Music sources. Good Spacious and balanced sound stage from small speakers. Decent enough sound. Advantage is the compact size.

Check you have speaker set "B" option in your AVR , you can extend speaker to another room. In this case you can just get pair of bookshelf speakers and keep it in another room,

Bose Companion 2 and 20 is tempting. Have to hear it in real.
Bose companion 2 is good... but i think it dont have wireless/bluetooth connectivity. I would suggest you can consider bluetooth/ wireless speaker so it will be compatible with any gadgets ipad/mobile/TV ..etc.

Check : EDIFIER R1700BT 2.0 Bluetooth bookshelf active speaker , JBL also good.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I listened to Companion 20 today. It was surprisingly disappointing! Had an audition at reliance digital. Absolutely mediocre sound. No bass whatsoever!
I will try to get an audition at other bose store for Companion 2. Then will decide. I want to avoid the subwoofer model of the companions.
B Zone option on my Onkyo is not preferable. As it is 100 watt/channel. Don't need so much power.

Hello everybody!

I am looking for a small application speaker set. Usually connected to pc. But can be connected to phone too. I am looking for workspace music. And occasional night time quiet listening. They will be placed close to the listener. 2 speakers preferred.

Sound quality desired:
Music 90% Movie 10%
Clear, crisp and detailed,
Powerful sound not needed,
Subwoofer not needed, though little bass wouldn't matter.
Music genres: Electronic,ambient,classical and jazz.

Bose Companion 2 and 20 is tempting. Have to hear it in real. Would you guys recommend Bose for close and relaxed bedroom listening? Or Buy Other Sound Equipment?

Thanks!

Get one of these and you are sorted!

https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_s...fix=marsha,electronics,864&crid=3SW78YCKBOIRI

You get the portable version and also the pedestal version......decide on the config(types of speakers & output)......

Thanks guys. I listened to Companion 20 today. It was surprisingly disappointing! Had an audition at reliance digital. Absolutely mediocre sound. No bass whatsoever!
I will try to get an audition at other bose store for Companion 2. Then will decide. I want to avoid the subwoofer model of the companions.
B Zone option on my Onkyo is not preferable. As it is 100 watt/channel. Don't need so much power.

Marshall speakers mentioned above it a good option but much pricey. If you want Bose Companion like speakers there are few others to try like Edifier. But don't take Reliance Digital audition as a deciding factor. Their store setup is pathetic and very noisy. Quite bad with acoustics. Take the spin in an original Bose store. Or better yet, watch YouTube soundtest videos which compare with multiple speakers with a very good Mic setup. It will help you decide better.

For God Sake, please avoid Reliance Digital for auditioning. They have zero idea on audio gear, just pure sales people with no knowledge.

Marshall speakers mentioned above it a good option but much pricey. If you want Bose Companion like speakers there are few others to try like Edifier. But don't take Reliance Digital audition as a deciding factor. Their store setup is pathetic and very noisy. Quite bad with acoustics. Take the spin in an original Bose store. Or better yet, watch YouTube soundtest videos which compare with multiple speakers with a very good Mic setup. It will help you decide better.

For God Sake, please avoid Reliance Digital for auditioning. They have zero idea on audio gear, just pure sales people with no knowledge.

Yes I realized that. Will visit a Bose showroom. I just need two small speakers with good sound quality.

To complicate things, I remember listening to B&W pc speakers. They were really sounding bigger than their size! Even had an impression of an inbuilt woofer! I was hoping to get similar effect from Bose's waveguide tunnel inside their speakers.

Marshall, edifier and creative t30 might be similar?

For the price and compact size I didn't find any other brand that would be good. Edifier is good but it is big. Creative T30 I am not sure. I am also seeing F&D T60BT Book shelf speakers on Amazon but they are again big in size. Bose companion 2 is very small compared to all these and yet produces decent enough sound.

I have checked a few Bose showrooms. But nobody is stocking companion speakers. They said that I can buy it online only.
Don't want to buy before listening to them. Looks like I might have to check for other speakers.

Sometimes Reliance Digital sells Bose...visit them and check...i recall seeing some of the companion speakers...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back