Bought Yamaha 299 with samsung 40f6400 3d smart tv

thebrij

Hi friends, i recently bought yamaha 299 after doing a lot of research. i purchased it from reliance digital for 36000/-. i also bought samsung 40f6400 3d smart tv from grey market in 48500/- with 4 pair of glasses and two remotes. i want to inform fellow users that yamaha is not providing home service for repair etc. my home theater stopped working after 2 month. thankfully reliance give home after sale service. the engineer visited and informed that transformer is burnt due to voltage fluctuation/ spike in voltage. he has assured to replace the transformer to 2-3 days. now i have ordered a 8 port belkin surge protector from flipkart for 2685/-. hopefully it will protect the home theater and tv.

i have a question. while listening music i am not satisfied with the treble sound of system. i want to attach a pair of tweeter to enhance treble (jhankar) sound. please guide me if anyone has done that? what type of tweeter can i add? i am new to all this.

Congrats! on your newb set up

you don't need to add tweeters

you can consider replacing front speakers with bookshelf
polk Tsi200 can be purchased for 14-15k, very bright or Tannoy bookshelf

what media player are you using ?

Congrats!

In my opinion, Yamaha 299 already has a lot of treble. If you are not getting enough something is wrong. When the engineer comes, ask him to do a factory reset. Or you can yourself check the settings.

If even after making sure settings are neutral you don't get enough treble, you can increase the settings. It can be increased by 10 dB, by which time it will be very nice to your ears.

If even after turning the treble settings up you are not satisfied, then probably you can move your speakers in different position and then try.

If even after that you are not satisfied, something could be wrong with the receiver. You can ask the engineer to look in to it. All the best.

There is Equalizer in the sound setting, you can customize the frequencies and save as your own presets. By default they are flat and some already saved presets like Concert Hall, Live Club, Sci-Fi, Drama etc. so check them too.

Congrats on ur purchase ..YHT 299 is a good system with good features..have u done the YPAO calibration ???hope it will equalise the sound according to ur listening position..

I have YHT196 which has equalizers but not that effective. However in my receiver there is a button called "tone" which can be adjusted for bass and treble. This is quite effective. Note that this button is not available in the remote. I am not sure about YHT299but I think it should be there.

R, Vinay

Hi friends, i recently bought yamaha 299 after doing a lot of research. i purchased it from reliance digital for 36000/-. i also bought samsung 40f6400 3d smart tv from grey market in 48500/- with 4 pair of glasses and two remotes. i want to inform fellow users that yamaha is not providing home service for repair etc. my home theater stopped working after 2 month. thankfully reliance give home after sale service. the engineer visited and informed that transformer is burnt due to voltage fluctuation/ spike in voltage. he has assured to replace the transformer to 2-3 days. now i have ordered a 8 port belkin surge protector from flipkart for 2685/-. hopefully it will protect the home theater and tv.

i have a question. while listening music i am not satisfied with the treble sound of system. i want to attach a pair of tweeter to enhance treble (jhankar) sound. please guide me if anyone has done that? what type of tweeter can i add? i am new to all this.

Please go to options, there you'll find adjustments for bass & treble, tweak it as per your own taste.

Secondly go to setup there also you'll find different options to like equalizer which you can further tweak as per your taste.

you are not getting enough something is wrong. When the engineer comes, ask him to do a factory reset. Or you can yourself check the settings.
7KdHMP

Hey thebrij,

Rather than buying a belkin for 2500+ rupees you can try buying an ups that is more good in all ways... You will be protected incase of sudden power failure

Thanks all. i have done YAPO calibration. And there is no problem with the treble, it is fine. its just i want some more treble for certain kind of songs otherwise it is good. I have already adjusted equalizer according to my taste. i have not purchased any BD player yet. Instead i have purchsed 1 TB hard disk full of 3D/2D movies with 5.1 channel sound. I think i do not need to buy a BD player since i am not going to buy any original BD which is quite expensive. Anyway thanks for your advises.

And the engineer has now taken the receiver to the factory for repair/ replacement. still waiting for the return.....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back