Bowers & Wilkins A7 AirPlay Wireless Music System

saronoelle

I want to buy Bowers & Wilkins A7 AirPlay speakers. I read many reviews, almost all the reviews are in favor of buying this speaker. They all highlighted its sound quality and its price. Has any one in the forum got these speakers? Is it as good as it is mentioned in the reviews? Please share your thoughts.

The price which i have to pay is $1098 including shipping, customs and warranty.

Hi,

I haven't heard this myself, so cannot give you any direct advices. However, I can point you in to right direction. Not sure how useful this advice is gonna be, but I'll contribute my 2 paise.

Please disregard WhatHiFi (UK) reviews for any serious purchase. Same about if something is being recommended by Apple (as an accessory). These products however good could be, are usually low VFM. User reviews from sites such as Amazon are more "direct-from-heart" and I'd suggest read them thoroughly and carefully.

A friend of mine has B&W Zeppelin. It sounded good to me but not that good. B&W A7 has better driver compliment so it *should* sound better, but not sure if that really is the case and how much has B&W improved upon Zeppelin. There is a likelihood it has and also it hasn't. Hard to say without listening.

If you want to buy in India, NAD has a similar product. It was priced around 50k. I have heard it and it sounded very very good. Also do check out Bose Soundlink II and III, and see if you like it. There is a chance you might.

PS: Oops! I just did the unthinkable. I recommended Bose :eek: But hey, don't get bogged down by the Bose-hater brigade ;) Newer releases of Bose Soundlink are very very good sounding and for a change VFM too (a trait rarely associated with Bose products).

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back