Bowers & Wilkins Matrix 3 Series with a Primare I30 amp

pete22

Hi there, my name is Peter. I am new in this forum, appreciating your advice. I recently acquired a used pair of Bowers and Wilkins Matrix 3 series speakers. Wondering how they would sound with a Primare I30 amp.

Hi Pete, congrats on your purchase. They are rare to find (at least in India). There are few CMs who own them and probably can guide you better. From what I heard, quad amp pairs well with them. Not sure of specific pairing with primate, those speakers are power hungry.

Which exact model did u get? Also if you don't mind sharing, how much did they cost you? One of my friend is on a lookout for them.

You'll get the best pairing with Symphonic Line amps, Accuphase, Nelson Pass, Krell, Jeff Rowland and lastly Bryston...

I have had the 801 Matrix S3 for several years in the past and have used all the above amps.

This friend of mine with 801 S3's swears that the best amp ever he ran on them was a Nak Pa 7. However he has since got rid of the PA7 and is running a Yamaha DSP A 1 which he swears is 99% of the PA7 with the added benefit of being able to run those sound effects.
Cool.
Srinath.

hey guys, thank you all very much for your input. If you google "Images for b&w matrix 3 speakers" you will get an image of them. They are power hungry indeed i heard. They are not the 801 series. I paid 2500 dhms (about 600 euros) used for them in dubai, bought them off an indian guy who's brother brought them over.
Also, any advice on cables ? do they make a big difference in terms of performance ?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back