Bravia Core versus the rest?

vishalrao

I just now signed up for the free Bravia Core 1 year 5 movie credits offer and wanted to get feedback from others about the tangible plus points in terms of picture quality compared to the other streaming services.

So far I tried to compare video quality watching the first few minutes of Spiderman No Way Home and Battle Los Angeles.

This is with the Pure Stream option enabled which is supposedly a "lossless" codec that consumes 80 mbps of your internet bandwidth for superior 4K UHD video quality compared to the likes of Netflix that consumes 20 mbps.

I do see better motion smoothness but am having a hard time seeing any improvement in resolution, sharpness, detail, that kind of stuff.

Anyone else care to comment with your experience or feedback and how you go about comparing, any TV settings to try etc?

I have a 65 inch A80K but anyone with different models like A95K it would be interesting to know.

I demoed a few units yesterday , all the LG C2, G2 , A80K look pretty much like my X90H currently. So I don't know what is the hype about OLEDs..

Anyways, the A95K does stand out a bit. It has more detail & is brighter.

I also viewed Bravia Core on the Angry Birds movie but was hard pressed to see any difference. Maybe another movie would have made a difference..

I just now signed up for the free Bravia Core 1 year 5 movie credits offer and wanted to get feedback from others about the tangible plus points in terms of picture quality compared to the other streaming services.

So far I tried to compare video quality watching the first few minutes of Spiderman No Way Home and Battle Los Angeles.

This is with the Pure Stream option enabled which is supposedly a "lossless" codec that consumes 80 mbps of your internet bandwidth for superior 4K UHD video quality compared to the likes of Netflix that consumes 20 mbps.

I do see better motion smoothness but am having a hard time seeing any improvement in resolution, sharpness, detail, that kind of stuff.

Anyone else care to comment with your experience or feedback and how you go about comparing, any TV settings to try etc?

I have a 65 inch A80K but anyone with different models like A95K it would be interesting to know.
Just got it enabled, and this is based on a 20-minute experience.

1.Only thing in my experience that matches the visual clarity of Core is Netflix calibrated content. And even in that I had to use my own settings, and not NF calib.

2. Audio, again the only thing that comes closest is atmos content on netflix.

It's a dream to have so many big movies being made available in both neural and atmos. A home viewer finally has the power to see if dts or dolby encoding works best for their system at the click of a button.

3. Waiting to see how much it is gonna cost annually, especially since i still haven't browsed their library.

Regards and enjoy!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back