Broke my Shure M75EJ type 2 Stylus - Where to get replacement

mbhangui

I accidentally broke my stylus :mad: on my Shure M75EJ type 2 cartridge fitted on my Akai AP-002 turntable. What are the stylus options and where can I get a replacement? Should I take this as an opportunity to buy a new cartridge ?

I am a newbie with regards to turntables. Forum members, let me know your suggestions

Last edited:
I accidentally broke my stylus :mad: on my Shure M75EJ type 2 cartridge fitted on my Akai AP-002 turntable. What are the stylus options and where can I get a replacement? Should I take this as an opportunity to buy a new cartridge ?

I am a newbie with regards to turntables. Forum members, let me know your suggestions

Hi,

Bad news, anyway you can mail Mr. Neeraj ( [email protected] ). SHure dealer in Delhi. She should be able to help you. Normally he is prompt with email replies.
Regards,
Saket

I am getting it for Rs 8000/- inclusive of tax and freight from Mr Neeraj. Will this be a good price (all hassles of custom, paypal gets avoided)?

No this is very high price.Max price should not be more than 5500 in India.You can buy Dl-110 in $139

Regards,
Sachin

No its very expensive.Max price should not be more than 5500 in India.You can buy Dl-110 in $139

Regards,
Sachin

Sachin is right. Its price is around 5500/-. Even when i asked for the quote, he quoted even more, 8500/- INR for 97Xe. Anyway I am settling with m44-7 @4900/-...not a bad cart. at all!!

Sachin/Saket,

Thank You. Let me save some money. I will fix my paypal account today. I think I have to enter some "Purpose Code" or something.

Sachin/Saket,

Thank You. Let me save some money. I will fix my paypal account today. I think I have to enter some "Purpose Code" or something.

I think purpose code is only for receiving payments in Paypal account.Buy it from KABUSA.You will need to ask for a shipping code from Kevin(Kabusa).Please opt shipping with tracking no.This will come in a small packet and may not attract any duty.
BTW: KABUSA is very useful site.There are few good info regarding TTs.

Regards,
Sachin

I think purpose code is only for receiving payments in Paypal account.Buy it from KABUSA.You will need to ask for a shipping code from Kevin(Kabusa).Please opt shipping with tracking no.This will come in a small packet and may not attract any duty.
BTW: KABUSA is very useful site.There are few good info regarding TTs.

Regards,
Sachin

That is useful information indeed. Thank you

You get Mx97E for much less (I mean much less) than 8000 from Electronic Emporium, Mumbai. Contact Jerry 9820901941. Better than the M75 too.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back