Brought home Dali Ikon 6 + Arcam A70 + Pioneer DVD 220 KV

oracle1974

Hi All

I got my Dali Ikon 6 and Arcam A70 delivered, installed and tested today. Played the music that I had heard on this combination at Boomerang, Mumbai.

I am happy with the choice made. The source is a DVD player Pioneer 220 KV-D.

The sound is smooth and the brightness that I observed when the speakers were driven by Marantz is absent.

My initial choice was to go for a 5.1 system but reading various threads on the forum and actually hearing the two systems opened my ears.

Thanks to HFV for assisting in making this choice and being so eager to help.

Regards

Congratulations! It's a beautiful combo. I had these speakers sometime back and they are very good. It was run by Marantz but I liked the music it made :)

Hi All

I got my Dali Ikon 6 and Arcam A70 delivered, installed and tested today. Played the music that I had heard on this combination at Boomerang, Mumbai.

I am happy with the choice made. The source is a DVD player Pioneer 220 KV-D.

The sound is smooth and the brightness that I observed when the speakers were driven by Marantz is absent.

My initial choice was to go for a 5.1 system but reading various threads on the forum and actually hearing the two systems opened my ears.

Regards

TOO GOOD!!!!!!

the oracle at delphi -

must have guided you!:)

regds
suri

I was contemplating buying that Arcam A70 from Boomarang for attaching to my computer for internet radio.But you beat me to it!Congratulations all the same!

I demand some top quality Pics, of the complete hardware...........!!!!!
BTW.....Congratts......:D

Hi,
Congrats !!!
Can you convey the price paid for Dali Ikon 6, Arcam A70 and Pioneer 220 KV-D?
Regds,

Hi All

Regards

Ikon 6 - 69k
Arcam A70 - 28k
Pioneer DVD-220KV-K - 4K
cables included. Wiring also has been done for surround sound whenever i buy a receiver, centre and surreounds.

regards

Hi,
Oracle /fellow members,
Can the Arcam A70 drive Dynaudio 52 Bookshelves to their full potential?

(I had read somewhere on this forum that though "52" is easier to drive compared to other Dynes, it still needs a High-Current amp to really "sing". Arcam amps were recommeded as good match for "52" ... however it was not clear whether the match was limited to FMJ series or included A series /DIVA series)

BTW Oracle, I think A70 @ 28K is a good deal. Considering the bells and whistles that A70 comes with (...extensive microprocessor based controls), this almost sounds like a VFM proposition (.... I used to think that this younger brother of FMJ series must be over-priced). Congrats again for the good deal!!!

Regds,

Hi Oracle,
You heard this combination at Boomerang. Did you finally buy it from them or somebody else?

Hi All

Regards

Got it all from Boomarang.

No idea on Dynaaudio + arcam combo.

Since A70 is a discontinued product, got a good deal for it. Otherwise i believe it used to be priced over 40k.

congrats dali ikon 6 are great and i have a pair to sell for i had upgraded mine recently. They are back in their original box after 4 months of use.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back