Budget 65" TV options (1L budget)

arham95

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a 65" tv this Diwali.
Panel type - VA
TV will primarily be used for watching movies at night or cricket/TV shows. Would prefer a TV with deep blacks/ better contrast
I have a fire stick, smart features are not a priority

Options so far:
Iffalkon 65k2a for 60k (Flipkart)
TCL 65p2mus for 65k (offline)
VU 65 OAUHD65 for 70k (Flipkart)

Seems like iffalkon k2a and tcl p2mus are the same model (same size, look and processor). Is there any difference between the two?

Are there any better vfm options? Are any TV's available with D-LED in this price range? (all 3 options mentioned above are edge-lit)

I think TCL X4 65" qled will be available on this coming weeks. Promotional launch price will be 1.09L..

Check out this link
https://www.bgr.in/news/tcl-65x4-google-certified-qled-tv-launched-in-india-at-rs-149990/

On paper the specs for this TV look amazing but this guy reviewed it and noticed issues -
Our biggest concern is with image tearing and blocking. In high-action sequences videos from a number of different sources including 4K Netflix, HD Netflix, HD Stan and locally stored 4K, HD and SD files, we frequently saw the picture break apart slightly in the areas of most movement, suggesting the processor wasn't quite keeping up with the data throughput.

Link:
https://www.afr.com/technology/tcl-...e-to-live-like-the-other-half-20180518-h10873

Their conclusion is that the Image processor is underpowered.

Iffalcon is TCL, VU are re-badged HiSense.

I'm going to wait for Xiaomi to lauch their 65" before buying they are using Samsung Panels and their design of electronic items tends to be solid but might be long wait though.

Have read bad reviews for the Tcl C series (lower PQ compared to P series), so I'm planning to avoid that for now.

Planning to check out the x4 once it launches but I'm worried about the performance (from the online reviews).

Are there any other decent D-Led/FALD sets with VA backlighting around 1 lakh for 65 inch TV's?(would like to avoid edge led /ips display if I'm spending close to 50% more than iffalcon tv's ).

Have read bad reviews for the Tcl C series (lower PQ compared to P series), so I'm planning to avoid that for now.

Planning to check out the x4 once it launches but I'm worried about the performance (from the online reviews).

Are there any other decent D-Led/FALD sets with VA backlighting around 1 lakh for 65 inch TV's?(would like to avoid edge led /ips display if I'm spending close to 50% more than iffalcon tv's ).

What is wrong with IPS displays? Black levels?

Yeah, contrast and black levels are slightly worse. As we'll be sitting directly in front of the TV and the distance is 25 feet between the sofa and tv, viewing angles won't be an issue.

I think TCL 65X4 QLED will be better than the other models. But have to wait for the reviews.

The review listed above was too biased. I couldn't bear reading it after all the talk about any cheaper TV being for maids.

The above are just some details that I found online. I have not seen it physically and there aren't enough online reviews yet to come to any conclusion.

I recommend being careful of buying TCL models, specially if you have the budget of buying a Sony or Samsung.

I do not think that they are comparable in quality.

I have seen a lot of "backlight bleeding" in many reviews of TCL's lower-end models. I have also seen a lot of "PWM flickering" that is captured by the camera but not noticed when looking at it directly but may cause some eye strain.

Mi TV, TCL would still be better than going for no-name brands for those who are looking for low-cost alternatives.

The above are just some details that I found online. I have not seen it physically and there aren't enough online reviews yet to come to any conclusion.

I recommend being careful of buying TCL models, specially if you have the budget of buying a Sony or Samsung.

I do not think that they are comparable in quality.

I have seen a lot of "backlight bleeding" in many reviews of TCL's lower-end models. I have also seen a lot of "PWM flickering" that is captured by the camera but not noticed when looking at it directly but may cause some eye strain.

Mi TV, TCL would still be better than going for no-name brands for those who are looking for low-cost alternatives.
I do own iffalcon 55 inch tv which i got it for 37K on flipkart.It has a very good picture quality considering the price.Offcourse you can not compare it with C8 or x900f as those are way way better.Lets hope that X4 will be a good tv.I hope that TCL will release seires 6 tv in india in futureas that tv has very good picture quality.

Just checked amazon Tcl x4 is available but its showing it for 1.7 which i think its not worth.I was hoping it for 1.1 lac as mentioned in the news

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back