Budget amplifier for Elac Debut B5.2

abhi-JET

Hi,
Can you please help me deciding the amplifier for ELAC Debut B5.2? I have shortlisted following 3 amplifiers. Are they good? Which one is better if cost factor is IGNORED? Room is not big.

1) Pioneer A10AE
2) Marantz PM5005
3) Yamaha S-R202

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
Can you please help me deciding the amplifier for ELAC Debut B5.2? I have shortlisted following 3 amplifiers. Are they good? Which one is better if cost factor is IGNORED? Room is not big.

1) Pioneer A10AE
2) Marantz PM5005
3) Yamaha S-R202

Thanks a lot!
The amps are good but don't think they are good for the elacs. These are amazing speakers and sound great when fed with lots of power. Having used these speakers,I'd suggest you look for an amp with around 100w at 8 ohms delivery and capability to go down to 4ohms.

MaSh

Hi,

1) Pioneer A10AE
2) Marantz PM5005
3) Yamaha S-R202

Thanks a lot!
Of these three amps my vote will be for marantz 5005 for its musicality. But this amp is sans phono input and DAC so you will have to buy a separate phono if you want to play vinyls and a decent DAC in future. I have been using marantz pm 6005 and I am more than happy.
Cheers

Of these three amps my vote will be for marantz 5005 for its musicality. But this amp is sans phono input and DAC so you will have to buy a separate phono if you want to play vinyls and a decent DAC in future. I have been using marantz pm 6005 and I am more than happy.
Cheers

5005 has phono input @Bhaskar Jyoti Talapatra

Cheers
Which speakers have you connected to 6005?

The amps are good but don't think they are good for the elacs. These are amazing speakers and sound great when fed with lots of power. Having used these speakers,I'd suggest you look for an amp with around 100w at 8 ohms delivery and capability to go down to 4ohms.

MaSh
Does it mean - they are not good even for medium volume listening?

Does it mean - they are not good even for medium volume listening?
It's not about how loud the amp can drive a speaker. It's about clarity, dynamics, agility,etc and these get compromised if the amp is unable to drive the speaker well.

As an example, these speakers have awesome bass. Bass production needs power and if the amp cannot give the needed amount of power immediately, then the beats will sound flat. Amp needs to hace sufficient power and headroom to provide the speaker with instantaneous power.

Try to audition different amps with your speakers and pick the one you like most.

MaSh

Hi,

1) Pioneer A10AE
2) Marantz PM5005
3) Yamaha S-R202

Thanks a lot!
Max budget?

For your budget and BS, I would say Norge 1000/1200 is most suitable. Higher power of Norge would drive your Elac to it's potential.

You wild do well to add a Budget DAC like Schiit/Topping to your setup. DAC would give you better audio quality.

MaSh
Hello , can i ask also which amp will be compatible with elac debut b 5.2 please ..

Wouldn't an integrated amp be enough .. if better quality and power will be extract from elac speakers through premap and power amp ..which models would be in the budget ?? .thanks !

Having experienced the Marantz PM 5005, I can say that it is a fine integrated amplifier and the phono stage is ok. However, before purchase always audition the combination you are planning to purchase, including the source, interconnects and speaker cables.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back