Budget AVR setup

banvanaxl

Hi all,

I am new here and taking baby steps towards acquiring a AVR setup, having a little bit of spending money with my 1st job and all :D.

I need a decent"ish" AVR and speakers to go with my 65" Samsung Frame, amazon firestick and my old Samsung Blu-ray player. I have narrowed down on the Yamaha HTR-3072 and Q Acoustics 3020is and 3090 Cis. The overall pocket pinch is coming to little more than 75k which as stretched my budget to its seams. I hope to eventually get the 3050 towers to finish the setup, at a later date.

I would love to get opinions from senior Forum Members as to the compatibility of the components and any other relevant advice, potential pitfalls etc. I would also love to purchase from a single online vendor. Would love some advice on this front as well. I live in Jodhpur, so no chance of purchasing locally.

Thanks a ton in advance all :)

Hi all,

I am new here and taking baby steps towards acquiring a AVR setup, having a little bit of spending money with my 1st job and all :D.

I need a decent"ish" AVR and speakers to go with my 65" Samsung Frame, amazon firestick and my old Samsung Blu-ray player. I have narrowed down on the Yamaha HTR-3072 and Q Acoustics 3020is and 3090 Cis. The overall pocket pinch is coming to little more than 75k which as stretched my budget to its seams. I hope to eventually get the 3050 towers to finish the setup, at a later date.

I would love to get opinions from senior Forum Members as to the compatibility of the components and any other relevant advice, potential pitfalls etc. I would also love to purchase from a single online vendor. Would love some advice on this front as well. I live in Jodhpur, so no chance of purchasing locally.

Are you thinking of going for 5.1 eventually? Are you convinced you need a HT setup? If not, I suggest you get the 3050i towers first, get a used AVR or IA for now. The reason I suggest this is, the towers are going to make much more impact for movies, you might not even need a sub, for now at least. Music is also going to sound larger and fuller. Give it a thought, take your time.

Hi all,

Having recently set up a budget HT using a second hand AVR, I can vouch for that route like the other fmer answered. Say 15k budget AVR plus an inexpensive pair of speakers like Micca OoO pair for Rs.10800 times 2 and one standalone for center channel Micca OoO at Rs.6480 will cost you roughly Rs.28000 plus cables approx Rs.1500. Make sure you inspect the AVR and go for a local Rajastan based seller and inspect the AVR personally. Nowadays an entry level AVR costs 34k like the fragile Yamaha 3072. Believe me if you get one that amplifies without distortion when you check it out in person, you could go with your gut instinct - just play ott, games, DVD/BR and see if it is clean sounding.

So In about 45k you could build a 5.0. you could add a sub later. Or like the previous reply, you could buy a pair of tower speakers QAcoustics 3050i and later add surrounds. Something like

For pre-owned AVR for example.

To be honest, some AVRs do not use the full potential of speakers. Buying good floor standing speakers with entry level AVRs is a big no.

What is your movie vs music breakdown? This is important.

If you are just into movies and not movies, better go ahead with QA 3020i for fronts too. They will be cheaper and get yourself a subwoofer later.

I did setup a 5.1.2 with full QA for a close friend of mine. Got a pre owned x1600 with warranty and still the budget was shoot around 1.3 lakhs I guess.

I too own QA3050i yes the bass is adequate but if you are not into music much and right now looking at the prices, one can get a bookshelf and a subwoofer in for the same amount.

Back