Budget Home Theater Setup with projector

vijay116

I am complete nob with projector and audio knowledge. I would request the members of this awesome forum to provide some feedback to get a good home theater system which would include the following with a budget between 1-1.5 lakhs.

• Good Projector
  • Audio System (Need not be a great one)
  • Projector screen
  • Bluray player/Media player

The setup will be in a living room of size 18*10 with moderate light. We will have a TV for regular viewing. Our main purpose would be watching downloaded english movies. A decent audio system would be fine since we dont know the nuances of it. Based on this usage profile, can you guys suggest the models which would be right in each category.

I have looked at Acer H5370BD thread and impressed by it. What about the support for it? In hyderabad, the dealers are not at all interested in providing solutions as soon as we say the range is around 1 lakh. If there is a recommendation for a dealer, please do so.

I am complete nob with projector and audio knowledge. I would request the members of this awesome forum to provide some feedback to get a good home theater system which would include the following with a budget between 1-1.5 lakhs.

• Good Projector
  • Audio System (Need not be a great one)
  • Projector screen
  • Bluray player/Media player

The setup will be in a living room of size 18*10 with moderate light. We will have a TV for regular viewing. Our main purpose would be watching downloaded english movies. A decent audio system would be fine since we dont know the nuances of it. Based on this usage profile, can you guys suggest the models which would be right in each category.

I have looked at Acer H5370BD thread and impressed by it. What about the support for it? In hyderabad, the dealers are not at all interested in providing solutions as soon as we say the range is around 1 lakh. If there is a recommendation for a dealer, please do so.

Vijay you will have to stretch your budget little more.
Good pj will cost u more than Lakh but some Benqe , Epson pj are available in 50 -60k range.
For audio u can go for from Hifi mart Bostonacoustic 5.1 or wharfedale 5.1 HTIB (25-35K)
Screen viewsonic 15 to 20k. Bray player around 15k.
You can check with HiFiMart and 50% of the above-mentioned GOOD product u wil find .

Appreciate your reply poppy. I can go upto 1.5 Lakhs. I will definitely look at your recommendations. Is it a big tradeoff we chose Epson TW550 over TW5200? I guess it boils down to 1080 vs 720. But for downloaded movies around 1GB does this matter?

I have been offered the following as a package for 1.8 Lakhs. This doesn't include the blueray player. Please advise if any of the component has performance issues.

DENON SYS-5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE WITH AVR X-500 (5.1) SET
EPSON EH-TW5200 LCD PROJECTOR 3D WITH FULL HD
LIBERTY MANUAL SCREEN 110" DIAGNAL 16:9 FORMAT
DAC 16 GUAGE SPEAKER CABLE
DAC HDMI CABLE
COMPOSITE VIDEO CABLE
DAC SUBWOOFER CABLE
DAC HDMI INTERCONNECT CABLE
SERVO STABLIZER 2KVA
UNIVERSAL CEILING MOUNT KIT
CONSULTATION & INSTALLATION CHARGES

Break up of charges: Total: They are including SONY BDP-S1100 BLU RAY DISC PLAYER if I pay 1000 more. So the total cost would be 1.83 Lakhs for the whole package. Is this reasonable? Are the components here reliable? Are there any better alternatives to this? The consultant says there is no need of UPS, just the stabilizer is fine. Any input is appreciated.

DENON SYS-5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE WITH AVR X-500 (5.1) SET 43000
EPSON EH-TW5200 LCD PROJECTOR 3D WITH FULL HD 94000
LIBERTY MANUAL SCREEN 110" DIAGNAL 16:9 FORMAT 9500
DAC 16 GUAGE SPEAKER CABLE(40*88) 3520
DAC HDMI CABLE(10m) 4650
COMPOSITE VIDEO CABLE(10*72) 720
DAC SUBWOOFER CABLE(5) 1260
DAC HDMI INTERCONNECT CABLE(2m) 1350
SERVO STABLIZER 2KVA 9800
UNIVERSAL CEILING MOUNT KIT 4500
CONSULTATION & INSTALLATION CHARGES 10000

Break up of charges: Total: They are including SONY BDP-S1100 BLU RAY DISC PLAYER if I pay 1000 more. So the total cost would be 1.83 Lakhs for the whole package. Is this reasonable? Are the components here reliable? Are there any better alternatives to this? The consultant says there is no need of UPS, just the stabilizer is fine. Any input is appreciated.

DENON SYS-5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE WITH AVR X-500 (5.1) SET 43000
EPSON EH-TW5200 LCD PROJECTOR 3D WITH FULL HD 94000
LIBERTY MANUAL SCREEN 110" DIAGNAL 16:9 FORMAT 9500
DAC 16 GUAGE SPEAKER CABLE(40*88) 3520
DAC HDMI CABLE(10m) 4650
COMPOSITE VIDEO CABLE(10*72) 720
DAC SUBWOOFER CABLE(5) 1260
DAC HDMI INTERCONNECT CABLE(2m) 1350
SERVO STABLIZER 2KVA 9800

UNIVERSAL CEILING MOUNT KIT 4500
CONSULTATION & INSTALLATION CHARGES 10000

Vijay no idea about Denon 5.1 as never heard the sound. DENON AV aware but speakers? but it looks pretty good still i feel that for 5.1 u should look who has a experty in speakers like Boston Acoustic or Wharfedale which I suggested earlier.For pj I feel in this price u will get Benq 1070+ .see the option rest are good.

Some of the projector dealers are looting. I was looking for an Epson eh tw 480. Most of the guys gave me a quote between 45 to 50. I ultimately got it for 40k. Today only I set it up. It is in a very modest budget of 50k and I am very happy with the quality. For a room of 30x15 it is excellent. I will post the breakup and some photos later. Please remember, if you are a maruti800 guy then you will love Honda City, but if you are habituated to Marcedes, then Honda is mediocre. If you are audiophile, then you really can not enjoy tha appeal of music or the theme of a movie. Your mind always goes for bass, treble, midrange, impedance, distortion, snr,etc,etc. ( this is not my saying but aptly said by one renowned sound engineer).

Please do a good market research. You will save at least 30% of your hard earned money. Take demo of everything. One man's meat is another man's poison. Some speakers are especially made for music and they will be horrible for movies. Just try to think a dialogue is having a booming bass.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back