Budget media player that sends HD video to tv ... and 5.1 audio to avr

Naveenbnc

Hello All,

Is there any budget media player available.... that has separate video out that goes to my TV, and 5.1 audio out that goes to my avr?

I mean... I don't want my video signal to go through my avr. It should directly go to tv. (Pardon me if I sound dumb here, basically I need 2 hdmi out ports. One for audio and one for video) Does a Raspberry Pi3 has this kind of connectivity?

Thanks a lot for your help
Naveen

You can send video to your TV through HDMI and 5.1 audio to AVR through coaxial or optical out. Many media players have coaxial/optical out.

Raspberry Pi3 does not have coaxial or optical out.

Hello All,

Is there any budget media player available.... that has separate video out that goes to my TV, and 5.1 audio out that goes to my avr?

I mean... I don't want my video signal to go through my avr. It should directly go to tv. (Pardon me if I sound dumb here, basically I need 2 hdmi out ports. One for audio and one for video) Does a Raspberry Pi3 has this kind of connectivity?

Naveen

ASUS O Mini does the job for me, HDMI is plugged into TV, Optical Out is plugged into AVR.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hello All,

I mean... I don't want my video signal to go through my avr. It should directly go to tv.

AVR will send the video signal to TV anyway..Why do you want to by-pass the AVR?

Hi elangoas....

Sooner or later .... i want to just try player - dac - 5.1amp also... without avr. So... im just thinking this way...

Thanks &regards
Naveen

Last edited:
From my another post ..

Purchased X96 android tv box from ebay for Rs.3499. Replacement for my WDTV Live HD media player which went bad few days back.
Bought the X96 from ebay .. Recieved the package within 3 days or ordering.
2Gb RAM and 16gb memory model. With Android 6.0 , Kodi 16.x .
Working great without any lags or hanging..

X96 2G/16G Android 6.0 TV Box QuadCore 4K WIFI 3D FHD Smart TV Box Miracast | eBay

1. It plays the h.265 very smoothly.
2. Streams DD .. not tried DTS or MA
3. I use KODI. I have not tried VLC or MX PLayer
4. Tried with USB HDD, Pendrive and Mostly on LAN over ethernet
5. Its very much connected to my Onkyo AVR by HDMI

If movie watching is the sole purpose like mine. Buy this device, cheap and best.
Dont expect it for playing heavy games. You can browse net .

It plays the h.265 files very smoothly.. no lags . ON KODI
But dont expect very smooth app interface on the android interface., sometimes the apps like saavn, facebook work and sometimes they need to be opened twice or thrice to work properly. While it comes to using KODI as the HT app it serves the purpose very well. I play the files thru LAN , where d movie files are stored on my desktop. So in that way network streaming is also very good and plays these files smoothly.

Hello All,

Naveen

Hi Naveen,

I have Himedia 900B on sale, you can check the sale section,
You can have HDMI out to TV and for audio you can use optical out to AVR

Let me know if interested,

Cheers

Hey... if i connect hdmi to tv, and optical to avr... do I get aidio from tv as well?? (Audio from tv can be muted or settings can be changed thouth..not a big deal..)
Im just asking to know...

From my another post ..

Purchased X96 android tv box from ebay for Rs.3499. Replacement for my WDTV Live HD media player which went bad few days back.
Bought the X96 from ebay .. Recieved the package within 3 days or ordering.
2Gb RAM and 16gb memory model. With Android 6.0 , Kodi 16.x .
Working great without any lags or hanging..

X96 2G/16G Android 6.0 TV Box QuadCore 4K WIFI 3D FHD Smart TV Box Miracast | eBay

1. It plays the h.265 very smoothly.
2. Streams DD .. not tried DTS or MA
3. I use KODI. I have not tried VLC or MX PLayer
4. Tried with USB HDD, Pendrive and Mostly on LAN over ethernet
5. Its very much connected to my Onkyo AVR by HDMI

If movie watching is the sole purpose like mine. Buy this device, cheap and best.
Dont expect it for playing heavy games. You can browse net .

What is max capacity HDD it works with? On Amazon I read that it reads only 500GB HDD.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back