• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Buffalo II DAC

Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series

prasen_b

For sale is a buffalo II DAC and other components for completing the build. They are listed below

IVY-III Kit + One Placid BP Kit Combo
Buffalo-II DAC Module + Placid Power Supply Kit Combo
Elcom power switch + MX RCA binding post (L + R channel and SPDIF input)
ToroTrans potted Two transformers (15VA and 30VA)

The Kit was bought for around USD 465 (including shipping) when dollar was around 47 + custom duty of around 2500 and for the other components add another 1K.

The only thing missing is the case and some 2 pin connectors for the Placid power supply and hook up wire.

I had partially constructed the Placid and Placid BP.

Shipping should be safe. The only heavy item the transformers are not delicate.

This was one of the better kits based on the ESS sabre and you fill find lot of good reviews online. It is also very well documented. It has reclocking built-in, not to say its completely immune to source jitter but it does make a difference. This kit is only for someone who has some DIY experience. There are also plenty of options for hot rodding this kit using Trident regulators or using a different output stage, all this options are available from TwistedPearAudio.

Price: 25K excluding shipping.
Condition: 10/10
Ownership history: Original owner

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Attachments

• DSCN2725.jpg
    DSCN2725.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,946
  • DSCN2727.jpg
    DSCN2727.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,948
  • DSCN2728.jpg
    DSCN2728.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,949
  • DSCN2731.jpg
    DSCN2731.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,952
  • DSCN2732.jpg
    DSCN2732.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,951

prasen_b

prasen_b

I require a volume control and an input selector too in the build. There may be some builds without this.

prasen_b

I am building the DCB1 kit myself. I realized later that DCB1 kit can be built for a lot less than the DAC kit. So the trade in is no longer offered.

prasen_b

There has been some repetitive queries about the kind of input supported. So I am adding the following details

-> The kit supports the following kind of inputs (mutually exclusive) over coaxial SPDIF
1) PCM SPDIF
2) DSD SPDIF
In addition I2S is also supported.
-> The kit supports the following output with Buffalo in Stereo mode
1) Unbalanced
2) Balanced
All this information is provided in the manuals I linked in my earlier posts.

prasen_b

Another important thing that I want to highlight is that the Buffalo II DAC module and the AVCC module regulator come assembled and tested from TwisterPear audio.

And the other passive and active components provided by them is top notch stuff like wima and nichichon caps. They also have been around for quite a long time now and have very good reputation.

It seems they have increased prices so a new equivalent stereo edition kit (without the trident regulators) will come to around 35K + conversion/commission charges + custom.

prasen_b

I am willing to let it go for 20K excluding shipping. At this price the quality you get is a steal.