Building a Dedicated Home Theatre Room

Vipersting

Hello guys.. I'm in the process of building a dedicated home theatre room and this is my first post here. Before that, I would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge in this forum. Been reading many posts from a week and the info is just awesome.

Ok now.. I am keen on building a dedicated home theatre room in a pent house apartment that is being constructed. I looked up at suitable room dimensions for better acoustics and zeroed on a 12 X 20 ft room with 9 feet ceiling. After the acoustic ceiling, I guess it'll come down to 8 ft. The room has been constructed with one door and one window. Initially I wanted no windows but decided in the end to provide one for emergencies and ventilation when the room wouldn't be used.

Please check out the below pics of the room at its current state..

Home Theatre Room Wall Construction View # 1 Photo by vipersting21 | Photobucket

The above pic is showing u the screen wall.

Home Theatre Room Wall Construction View # 2 Photo by vipersting21 | Photobucket

This pic is showing u the opposite seating area with a single door and window.

Now, here is where I need your valuable suggestions and expertise. I need to tell the builder about the wiring provisions to be given in the wall. I shall be going for acoustic false ceiling and wood wool wall construction. I've learned from browsing this forum that I should decide the speaker placement before hand and provide sufficient cabling. My doubt is whether all the cables should run inside the wall or is it better to have them between the wall and the acoustic wall panels ??

Please let me know how to go about this room from now on. How many electrical boxes should I provide in the wall and where ??

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back