Building Home Theatre (in bits and pieces)

girish_sutar

Hello All,

Instead of a narrating a long due dream of home theatre I would like to come straight to the point.

My current HTiB setup is Sony DAV-DZ640K (DAV-DZ640K : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India) and would now like to upgrade my Home Theatre in bits and pieces (obviously due to the cost factors).

Would the speakers for the current setup be compatible with any of the AVRs (Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo). If so I would then settle with an AVR and then over a period of time start adding Speakers, Sub.....etc.

Need advise from the experts here.....

Regards,
Girish

Hello All,

Instead of a narrating a long due dream of home theatre I would like to come straight to the point.

My current HTiB setup is Sony DAV-DZ640K (DAV-DZ640K : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India) and would now like to upgrade my Home Theatre in bits and pieces (obviously due to the cost factors).

Would the speakers for the current setup be compatible with any of the AVRs (Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo). If so I would then settle with an AVR and then over a period of time start adding Speakers, Sub.....etc.

Need advise from the experts here.....

Regards,
Girish

Well to be honest, a simple and straight forward answer to you question is "No". You can't use these speakers with any AVR.

No speaker wattage rating or impedance is available on that data sheet so it is hard to say.

But you can give it a try at low volume. In any case you have to buy a active subwoofer for the system in the same time with your AVR as your present sub is passive one.
Don't even try these speakers with a real AVR without a subwoofer connected. It will fry those tweeter and tiny 2.5" woofer immediately.

Absolutely correct advice from Koushik.

IMO, you should save up a bit and take the plunge when you have enough dough.

Even if you can hook up the speakers to an AVR, and even if they survive, they would be wasting your AVR's potential. Better to stick to your current setup and start upgrading the setup when you are ready for it.

they would be wasting your AVR's potential. Better to stick to your current setup and start upgrading the setup when you are ready for it.
nqpSam

Hey Guys, what if I do it vice versa..... First buy speakers and connect to my Sony Player and later upgrade to AVR. I know this may irritate few, but "ye music ka kida jata nahi....."

Hey Guys, what if I do it vice versa..... First buy speakers and connect to my Sony Player and later upgrade to AVR. I know this may irritate few, but "ye music ka kida jata nahi....."

Your DVD player is only sufficient to produce output to the speakers that are bundled with it. You need an amplifier or a AV receiver to use any of the home theater speakers available in the market. In short, no you can't go this way.

Hi girish. One thing you can do is to buy a pair of good speakers and use them with a second hand 2 channel amp or a low cost topping tp2020 amp for now and add the rest later. You can sell off the extra stuff once your setup is in place.

stepping into hifi system world is a whole new story ... yht 299 is a very good option...

but then again since you mentioned music you might wanna reconsider options like marantz with floor standers or bookshelf

@Falcon21 the problem here in Pune is we have very little options to explore and have demo of good stuff....

I can understand but that shouldn't stop you from getting your system. Search as many demo options I'm sure there are other audiophile people in ur city on this forum
Seek information. If you have friends or family in delhi Chennai Hyderabad plan a vacation and pick up ur music rig ... take it along with you

I can understand but that shouldn't stop you from getting your system. Search as many demo options I'm sure there are other audiophile people in ur city on this forum
Seek information. If you have friends or family in delhi Chennai Hyderabad plan a vacation and pick up ur music rig ... take it along with you
Thanks @Falcon21.... Thats quite a motivation. Definitely starting my search and seek help from this forum whenever required!

Back