Building Home theatre with 3d Projector,AVR & Bluray player

vivekraj

Hi,
After so much of research on 3d projectors, Bluray players & home theater system. I'm done with my listing, but i'm still confused with the models.

My budget is 1.5Lacs INR, In which i would like to have below:

In my custom Home theater i would like to have a 3d projector, so i decided to go for epson TW6000(3010 US model). If there is any suggestion on this or any better projectors kindly guide me.

The AVR home theater speaker system : This is the part which is confusing me a lot to take decision. 'cos after reading many threads, comments , reviews. I got three brands yamaha, onkyo,denon. where i'm bit biased towards the yamaha.
The models are well known i.e
Yamaha YHT 196 or 296
Denon 1312xp
onkyo 3400/3500

above models are arranged in priority order where yamaha is my 1st choise.
But if you have any other please let me know.

The bluray Player: Phillips BDP5200/51
Which is 3d player.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So above mentioned are in spec now. I need suggestions from you guys not only for above brands & models, if you have any other kindly share.

My usage is : TV with Tata Sky HD+, Movies, Music, Games, Connecting through laptop. all have the same priority in usage.

so guys please help me to make a good home theater for my new Home.

Thanks in advance...:lol:

Hi Vivek,

The 6000 model (3010) is no longer available. i just bought a 6100 (3020) in Mumbai. If you want 3d + full hd there are very few PJs in this price range which can beat the 6100. You can read my brief review in the section on my av setup.
The new model has improved 3d and has received rave reviews all across.

Hi Amar,
Thank you for your timely & valuable reply. Congrats for your new PJ.
I've made my mind to go with this projector(TW6100), if you have any suggestion on the bluray & AVR HTB's kindly share.

Thanks once again:clapping:

Yamaha 196 is an old model. I suggest either Denon 1312XP or Onkyo 3500. Some forum members have opined that Denon 1312XP is better than Onkyo 3500. If you have a budget of 50K for the HT then look for a combo of AVR like Denon 1612 and a 5.1 speaker set like Boston Acoustics XS 5.1. This will sound much better than HTiBs.

... My usage is : TV with Tata Sky HD+, Movies, Music, Games, Connecting through laptop. all have the same priority in usage.

so guys please help me to make a good home theater for my new Home. ...

What kind of hours of usage are you planning? Also whats your expectation on the 'life' of your HT, specifically the PJ?
Is your setup going to be in a dedicated room or which can be darkened sufficiently?

Don't get me wrong but the usage you mention seems to be more than a couple of hours in a couple of days..

Hi TMA,
Yes your guess is right. It is gonna be in a separate room built for entertainment, If i'm the user normally i would watch movies or play games. if no time for both of it then it'll be all time music. You know about our indian women so they watch tv serials, i've tata sky hd+.

See i have creatiive inspire 5.1 which i'm using that from past 8 years, connected to my system. i watch fullhd movies play games. So i do not know much about hi standard speakers.
if you ask me creative what i'm using its good & max volume i used is just 50-60% of it & i can not increase more.
i think you got an idea now what is my usage & expectation.
so i do not need huge speakers but i need good bass & clear sound, may be just more clear than the creative. but HTIB should support wide range of audio codec...;)

if paying so much for video..invest little more for sound.and get separates.

+1 to Prosenjit's advice.

Audio and video should complement each other to give a great experience. I am assuming that you'll look at a screen size of at least 90". I fear the video may simply dwarf the audio.

Take some time to audition the systems together and then decide whether the performance is acceptable. Given the budget constraint, you may want to consider the option of building the system over a period of time.

It's really heartening to see so many people buying projectors these days. Two thumbs up to that. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Vivek,

Buy a blu ray player if you plan to buy/ rent blu ray movies. Otherwise go for a media player.
If you are looking for a combo please have a look at Panasonic BDT 220 which a lot of forum members recommend. I currently use my Asus O Play Air or my PS3 but i am yet to play a blu ray disc.
Also as someone has suggested you can build a sound system gradually as and when you have the budget. Currently I use my Norge 2060 stereo system for the sound since the PS3 does a fantastic conversion of 5.1 to 2 channel sound. MOst of the times I watch movies with my headphones (since the baby is asleep). Using headphones has so far not bothered me.

... It is gonna be in a separate room built for entertainment, If i'm the user normally i would watch movies or play games. if no time for both of it then it'll be all time music. You know about our indian women so they watch tv serials, i've tata sky hd+. ...

The reason for me to ask was that if you intend to use the PJ more as a TV rather than occasional use, then do keep in mind the limited hours of the PJ bulbs which then need to be replaced.. In my opinion, the PJs are typically used for weekend movies or widescreen Sports Matches/Races:licklips: - the usage would be more around 5-10 hours max per week. With such an usage the PJ bulb should last well over 3yrs theoretically.. The usual idea is that by this time the hardware is more or less obolete and then you replace it with a better model at the same or even more higher cost:sad:

I personally would like to watch Movies, then sports like F1/Tennis/Football/Cricket and then VideoGames on the wide screen, in that order! TVs would never beat the experience of this on the big screen.. BUT the usage is mostly for a few hours at a time..

On the other hand the TV is best suited for 24x7 sort of use - where its typically blaring away almost nonstop..

On the audio side of things, one has to experience the 'good' sound to really appreciate what is being missed.. No amount of 2nd hand info can really enlighten on the fact as one can get to know with first hand experience..

The best way forward would be to plan and build your system in parts rather than a 1 shot big bang approach.. There is more than enough help here in the forums for the required 'research'.. Take some time in planning and auditioning stuff before putting down the cash..

To summarize, the Video hardware would be replaced in a few years, but the audio will be used for more longer time period without major upgrades - maybe the speakers can even last much more.

So before deciding, do keep these points in mind (if not already done). The good news is that there are plenty of options readily available at all budget ranges but the bad news is that deciding on which ones to pick need good deal of research and auditioning..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back