BUMPing

madbullram

Hi all,
This has really become a nuisance. We have clearly stated that BUMPing a thread in anyway (not necessarily confined to using the word "bump" but even by posting unwanted replies to keep a thread alive) is not allowed.

Going forward, I will not post a reply or send PMs asking anyone to stop doing it. I will be infracting with warning the first time and a permanent infraction the second time.

Thanks for your understanding. Lets read and follow the rules.

Please report any instance of BUMPing in any thread to us by clicking the Report Post icon (triangle like icon with exclamatory mark in a thread)

Regards,
MBR

There are a lot of working techies in here who don't often read hifivision during the evening/weekend, but are able to give very valuable answers to questions. Bumping to ensure your post gets read by both "shifts" seems ok to me.

In summary: a thoughtful bump is ok, but one that simply screams "waaaaah, no-one's listening to me" is not.

Technically even this thread is now Bumped as the original post was made in January.

Strict rules can be enforced for bumping so that it is suitable for both parties. Like 2 bumps allowed after no reply for 2 days (Both variables configurable) after which it shall be assumed by the OP that noone knows the answer and should let the thread die.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back