• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Burning Amplifier Gain Stage BA-3 & Transformer + RCORE + PSU + Stepped Attenuator

Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

manniraj

After lot of DIY efforts I have now consolidated my setup with tube and a Sony VFET2 amplifier. So the extra stuff that is lying with me since sometime need to go to a DIY guy who appreciates the hard work in making these kits :)

1. BA3 Preamp board (linestage)
Up for sale is my fully built BA-3 gain stage which does not require any further introductions as its the front end stage from the famous BA3 amplifier. You can check out the detailed information, build guides and reviews from this thread. I got the board + matched 2 pairs of the Linear Systems LSJ74/LSK170 (Grade B) from the www.diyaudiostore.com site. The board also has the genuine 2SK2013/313 matched 2 pairs from a member of diyaudio.com mounted on heat sinks. Also the big ClarityCaps mounted on the board are genuine brought from the diyaudio.vn site who is the official distributor of ClarityCaps in Vietnam. All the electrolytic caps are very good quality of either Panasonic or Nichicon and the resistors are Vishay Dales brought from mouser/digikey.

2. Omishra/Sachin PSU
No need to introduce about this simple and easy to build PSU set which I modded by removing the inductors and it easily powers the BA-3 with the 22v RCORE transformer.

3. EMD RCORE
This is the custom ordered 22-0-22v 1.36A transformer from the EMD, Hyderabad.

4. 10k Stepped Attenuator
This is one of the best quality stepped attenuators available in the market and not any cheap Chinese ones. Handmade with very good quality resistors on a smooth sounding pot, brought from diyaudio.vn with 10K impedance (as per reviews the recommended one for BA-3 line stage).

So the entire kit makes a beautiful preamp (line stage) for any pairing with power amplifier. Above all this BA-3 line stage being at very good gain can power decent quality headphones (so acts like a very good quality headphone amp). It powers and plays awesome even with my HD598 headphones. Willing to sell the entire kit with what is listed for Rs. 12,000/- (+ shipping at actuals) which is way way below my actual build cost. So low ballers will be ignored and I would prefer to sell it locally and anyone can come down inspect and pick up the kit. But shipping is also possible and at actual cost and risk by the buyer and I will try and pack it securely. I would also prefer to sell this as an entire kit as one can make a superb sounding preamp and breaking the items may not make sense at this point of time. In fact the PSU + RCORE is like free in this kit looking at my sale price.

The BA-3 right now is configured for the biasing and offset but whoever purchases need to set the DC voltage on the PSU and may require to bias/offset once again. It needs some DIY effort but easy to do that if you go through the above build guide which describes in minute details. I have left the powering cables intact for easy assembling.

Interested please PM me. Here are the mandatory pics with the handle for reference.

21l6a1f.jpg

2eyb3hi.jpg

29b25jo.jpg

xer90g.jpg

23krrz5.jpg

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

manniraj

Payment received and will be packed and shipped tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone who responded but unfortunately its reserved and now gone

But I also have the Amp Camp Amp in the red colored small cabinet that was run as a group buy some years back. I will put that up for sale in couple of days along with my Frugal Horns with Mark Audio Alpair 7p papercone drivers + HiVi Swan top mounted tweeters + L-Pad attenuators :).

manniraj

Package sent via courier and will close the thread once the consignment is reached.

Thanks

manniraj

The member received the package, hence closing the thread.

Thanks all who responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.