• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

QUAD

sandeepss

Hi FMs,
All the music stores at my place have either closed down or stopped stocking Audio CDs. I have been buying from Amazon.in and find that there too there is a shortage of stock on several titles. I would really appreciate if you can suggest some other online sources in India which has a decent catalog of Indian music and can ship to home.
Does anyone have experience using House of rhythm? http://www.houseofrhythm.in/ I know it is run by ex rhythm house staff, but not sure how reliable it is as the website is difficult to navigate through. Thanks for looking!

efernand1

Hi

The best way to be sure is to drop them a mail or use the contact us tab and ask questions around delivery modes, who they use as shipping , how many days, how does payments be made etc.....this will ensure all documented responses from them (evidence).

When placing the order, you can take screenshots of the web pages and save the same in Word etc......(evidence).

If the delivery goes wrong or not happen, you have enough evidence to pull them up.....

Most would use the web to search for FLAC or MP3s (High Quality) and make their own Audio CDs.

sandeepss

Most would use the web to search for FLAC or MP3s (High Quality) and make their own Audio CDs.
Thanks for the reply. I know of only Saregama which offers WAV downloads. Are there other Indian websites [legal] offering lossless?

indy70

Sadly no one offers Wav or Flac or CDs anymore. Nobody cares it seems. Everyone is happy to listen in their phones on youtube with video on, and a crappy ear phone.

sandeepss

Yes. Too many avenues to spend time on has pushed music listening to a background activity.

MaSh

True getting audio cd is now close to impossible. Earlier I used to pick from crossword, however they have also stopped keeping now.

MaSh

Naturelover

Staff member
Thanks for the reply. I know of only Saregama which offers WAV downloads. Are there other Indian websites [legal] offering lossless?
Saregama WAV is of varying quality. Search for Saregama in this forum and you will find more opinions and some suggestions on which are good.
What music are you looking for?

sandeepss

Saregama WAV is of varying quality. Search for Saregama in this forum and you will find more opinions and some suggestions on which are good.
What music are you looking for?
Yes. Saregama from the 70-80s are pretty poor with a few exceptions. I was searching for a few ghazals from Jagjit Singh which were licensed to sony and universal. Gulzars Mirza Ghalib which was released by Sony DADC had good SQ but that too is out of stock

greenhorn

I switched to CD as a format only a few month ago. My dad decided he wanted a CD player, and I got him an onkyo C 7030, and some CD's, and thats when i realized how good CD's sound. If you're in the US or UK, now is the perfect time - I've been building a very nice collection from local second hand stores

On a more practical note, have you checked this place out ?

sgautam

Hi, I too had similar experience in getting new audio CDs and posted in the wanted column as well. But the post was removed as it was against forum rules. Soliciting audio CDs is not permitted it seems.

Anyway I have a fair collection of WAV or FLAC formats of Jagjit Singh which I converted from our CD collection. May be I can send a few albums on a DVD if you are really desperate. Let me know, I will send it for free. I have Mirza Ghalib and a couple of Gulzars compositions apart from may be 25/30 ghazal albums in high resolution

sandeepss

Hi, I too had similar experience in getting new audio CDs and posted in the wanted column as well. But the post was removed as it was against forum rules. Soliciting audio CDs is not permitted it seems.

Anyway I have a fair collection of WAV or FLAC formats of Jagjit Singh which I converted from our CD collection. May be I can send a few albums on a DVD if you are really desperate. Let me know, I will send it for free. I have Mirza Ghalib and a couple of Gulzars compositions apart from may be 25/30 ghazal albums in high resolution
Thanks for the kind offer, but that would be a violation of forum rules, I guess and also I don't want to put you through trouble :)

I switched to CD as a format only a few month ago. My dad decided he wanted a CD player, and I got him an onkyo C 7030, and some CD's, and thats when i realized how good CD's sound. If you're in the US or UK, now is the perfect time - I've been building a very nice collection from local second hand stores

On a more practical note, have you checked this place out ?
Thanks for the link. I never knew such a place existed in Trivandrum :). Yes, outside India there is a lot of demand for physical media [though major retailers like Target are getting out of it], but unfortunately, it seems, our people are not interested in buying music anymore.

But the post was removed as it was against forum rules. Soliciting audio CDs is not permitted it seems.
That's odd. I see wanted/sale posts for Vinyl and cassettes all over the forum. How come CDs are banned?

i realized how good CD's sound.
Yes. There is also an added charm in all physical media, the anticipation, the hunt for it [and getting it], album art, the simplicity, poem booklets etc. Tidal/Spotify can never come close :). In music [and in several other things in life] having lesser choice seems to be better, leads to more appreciation

sgautam

Well said about the ever growing choices and our ever shrinking time and appreciation to savour them.

I too was suprised to see why CDs cannot be sought. Request Mods to be open on that.

It's not much of a bother for me. If you don't find the CDs pl let me know. I will send. Infact I just checked my high res collection and I have more than 50 now. Mostly Jagjit Singh, and other Ghazal singers. Also ten or so Hindustani classical and instrumental. Sending one or two DVDs is never a bother to our forum friends.

jls001

This is exactly the reason why buying/selling digital media is not encouraged in the forum. What you are offering might seem benign and kind but label owners and media companies don't view it that way. For them it's a piracy of their copyrighted media. Let us not encourage it, please. Even the medium that it is discussed on (namely, HFV) can be held responsible for allowing such transactions.

sgautam

Oh ok, I didn't realise that in this all connected world such transactions are viewed in this manner. However for a paltry sum you are allowed to download most content legally. Still it's the rules and if they are protecting something then good for all.

Moreover HFV is dear to all of us and let's keep it out of harm's way. Sorry if I had broken any rules here.

sandeepss

If record companies were really interested in improving their sales they need to monitor demand from such groups. I remember a few years back there was a long discussion on getting few songs composed by AR Rahman on vinyl main reason being the loudness and less dynamic range in the CDs. Fast forward today all the new releases are in similiar manner devoid of dynamic range. Instead of going after the existing customers who are passionate about music with copyright infringement notices they need to up their game. Just IMHO

Hiten

Pardon for offtopic. Just following forum rules.

Am decluttering. So I have around 50 miscellaneous Audio CDs. PM me if any one is interested. (mostly western pop/rock and bollywood with couple of jazz and classical). Can exchange for DIY audio stuff. If dont want to bother with PM search my ad "Audio Music CDs' on OLX.
Thanks & Regards

Hiten

Hi all,
CDs are no longer available. Thanks.
Regards.

shafic

I have some hindustani classical cds and some English cds. Anyone interested PM me.

Some for sale and some for charity.

RRR

I have some English Cds too. Jazz and Pop.
Kindly pm. Thanks