buying cables

chubbix

i want to upgrde my speaker cables to kimber, cardas, audioquest or similar. can someone tell me where i can buy these in india? any suggestions for the cables? i am not lookin for fancy expensive cables, just very good cables. i currently use cable talk biwired to my tannoy and old denon amp.

Get yourselves a Mogami 2972 and you can biwire using that. IMHO better than the Kimbers and cardas.
Its available on Hifimart

i was n touch with Cardas USA for biwire cables. they recommended their "excellent" distributor in Singapore Coherence Audio in Adelphi... tried calling and emailing and sadly no responce... One of those distributors who has no interest in selling his principal's high end products. have told Cardas USA my experience...
Get yourselves a Mogami 2972 and you can biwire using that. IMHO better than the Kimbers and cardas.
Its available on Hifimart
hi took yr advice and ordered the Mogami 2972......waiting to try them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was n touch with Cardas USA for biwire cables. they recommended their "excellent" distributor in Singapore Coherence Audio in Adelphi... tried calling and emailing and sadly no responce... One of those distributors who has no interest in selling his principal's high end products. have told Cardas USA my experience...

hi took yr advice and ordered the Mogami 2972......waiting to try them out.
Excellent :)

Will await your feedback on the mogami's. I've tried a lot of cables and have enough cables to wire up all the lights in my house :D . But iam still not convinced that it was money well spent. They all do sound different ...YES.
But I don't think one has been a definite improvement over the other. I've always felt I gained some, but lost some :D

hi , the Mogami 2972 bi-wire arrived and was connected today...i am so glad i took advice. they are connected to the Tannoy Gold Kensington reference speakers and driven by a old Denon amp that has had new caps installed. the sound has certainly changed. the bass is deeper and smoother and the mid range seems more forward and smooth. Vocals are lovely both women and male....drums and sax was almost as if they were being played in front of u....I think after some hours of play the sound will further improve.... made the change after number of years using cable talk 4.1 bi wire. the cabletalk will now go to the jamo 626 system. they are still good cables. All that is left. now is dim the lights and to open that single malt i have been saving for a special evening....:). btw where r u based? i am looking to hear some other good systems....anyone in chennai or blore?

hi , the Mogami 2972 bi-wire arrived and was connected today...i am so glad i took advice. they are connected to the Tannoy Gold Kensington reference speakers and driven by a old Denon amp that has had new caps installed. the sound has certainly changed. the bass is deeper and smoother and the mid range seems more forward and smooth. Vocals are lovely both women and male....drums and sax was almost as if they were being played in front of u....I think after some hours of play the sound will further improve.... made the change after number of years using cable talk 4.1 bi wire. the cabletalk will now go to the jamo 626 system. they are still good cables. All that is left. now is dim the lights and to open that single malt i have been saving for a special evening....:). btw where r u based? i am looking to hear some other good systems....anyone in chennai or blore?

Which denon amp do you use ? Old denons are gold standard !

Hi, the denon PMA 2000. It’s ancient from early 2000.has two power transformers and so can deliver enough power even at high volumes and high short music.. rates I think 85 rms at 8 ohms.. I play flat. It will run almost any speaker.. Been recapped recently..

Congratulations 🎶🎶🎶sir

Hi, the denon PMA 2000. It’s ancient from early 2000.has two power transformers and so can deliver enough power even at high volumes and high short music.. rates I think 85 rms at 8 ohms.. I play flat. It will run almost any speaker.. Been recapped recently..

derived from the legendary S series...
these are well rated and specs say 80W into 8Ohms and 160 into 4ohms which is excellent in terms od driving any quality

To get the same quality and power you may need to spend upward of 2 lakhs....

derived from the legendary S series...
these are well rated and specs say 80W into 8Ohms and 160 into 4ohms which is excellent in terms od driving any quality

To get the same quality and power you may need to spend upward of 2 lakhs....
yes yr right... i am looking for an amp for a system in my large living room and considered the Accuphase models and also the Luxman... they are all in the 5 lakh upwards range. the Accuphase goes upto 13 lakhs for the top model. a good Mark livinson integrated is usd 6000 and their top end integrated is usd 9000... same range for the macintosh. its hard to justify the prices being quoted in india for lesser grade amps. Looking instead for vintage Trio, Pioneer, Kenwood, Leak, Arcam or similar amps that sound great and dont cost fancy prices used. the law of diminishing returns kicks in fast in the high end audio world. :)

Lovely amp !

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back