buying car head unit from usa

Can some body clarify if i buy Pioneer car dvd player from USA( avh x5600) and fit in my Vento will it play dvds from India or it will be region locked? if it is, is there any solution for it?

Can some body clarify if i buy Pioneer car dvd player from USA( avh x5600) and fit in my Vento will it play dvds from India or it will be region locked? if it is, is there any solution for it?

I brought a Pioneer 3200BT double din head unit from US in 2011 and being using it since in my i20 car. Yes the DVD region is locked for US and other region DVDs will not play, but do not worry as 99% of Indian DVDs are region free so it will work without any issues. In US the playback of videos while running is strictly prohibited, hence you need to by-pass the same when fitting in India to connect to the ground.

Caution that watching videos while driving is injurious to health ;)

Also be careful with the FM playback as some of the US head units can scan only even numbered channels but in India we have some odd numbered FM radio channels. My Pioneer picks up all the channels except the 104 channel which I am not sure why in Bangalore.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back