Buying decision , need Help for 55 inch LED or Plasma and which model

eigh

Hello friends. I just sold my 40 in Sony LCD TV. I need to buy TV urgently otherwise my kids will kill me for Doraeman and wife for 'Big-boss'

Please consider following points
1. I finallised Sony 46 inch HX 750 as its cost 71000 in grey market and thats what my max budget is. Its 3d. internet etc.
2. When i read this forum I found people hate Active 3d, why ( is 3500 rs glass is bad than Toy glasses lg uses?) after confusing AND all 2d content is converted into 3d than why people cry for lack of content, I dropped Idea of 3d.
3. I was thinking Plasma is out. but samsung 51e8000 or such series 8 model is hit. So now I can buy a LED or Plasma If you say.
4. Sony greymarket discount is 30% what is of samsung ? (price diff in grey and white market)

5. Finally Suggest me SOny or Samsung TV with maximum size (51 to 60 inch)in 71000 Rs in grey market, so that I drop HX750 46 inch.

Also I need you geeks to lighten me about underlined words.

It will be great help from you friends.

(I always buy from Grey and found no Prob in last 15 yrs for sony)

1.It is an excellant tv. Happenned to watch it side-by-side with HX850.Could not see any difference for the demo material played.
2.If you read closely, infact the more active members vouch for active-3d rather than a passive one.The people who brought up the debate were the ones who were already inclined towards LG. And I wont talk about health hazards here.I am very comfortable watching 3d on my panny st50 for a continuous 1.5 hr.
3d content is rare means that you dont have 3d broadcasts by your airtel/dish etc. You have to buy 3d blurays or if you are not much concerned with the so called "values", could download 3d content using torrents.(Well I prefer to buy though!!)
2d to 3d conversion will not yield the real 3d effect though it will add little depth to the image.

3. I did not understand.Did ou mean plasma tvs are out of favour/out of business or is it only that it does not fit your room conditions?
Since you are used to watching led, your family wont be pleased with the darker/dim images of a plasma and eventually increase the brightness of the set, and lose the deep blacks, defeating the purpose of buying a plasma
Regarding samsung I heard in more than one reviews that it has motion issues.I did not personally see it.You can demo this flagship plasma from samsung with features that would thrill your family with gesture controls etc,and give satisfaction that you bought more than a regular tv.

Although you can convert 2d to 3d but the result doesnt really seem like real 3d or even close to 3D. It is just a minor effect.

already suggested very correctly....
my suggestion.
go for sony 750 its an excellent tv.no questions asked.dont bother about active or passive 3d unless...only unless you do have a large collection of original 3d bds...means if your plan is to watch original 3d bd often...then yes this dont hurry....
cheack active or passive......
in passive only lg is thgere whose picture quality is not upto the mark with 750.....

if you are thinking about 2d to 3d..........run and get 750...not to tell more..

yes plasma or led..thats a different story....panasonic gt or samsung model you mentioned or sony 750/850 all are exxecelllent tvs...plasma and led has 2 different color pallate,and so people like them for the particuler pallate according to personal taste....like i love plasmas..

Hello friends. I just sold my 40 in Sony LCD TV. I need to buy TV urgently otherwise my kids will kill me for Doraeman and wife for 'Big-boss'

Please consider following points
1. I finallised Sony 46 inch HX 750 as its cost 71000 in grey market and thats what my max budget is. Its 3d. internet etc.
2. When i read this forum I found people hate Active 3d, why ( is 3500 rs glass is bad than Toy glasses lg uses?) after confusing AND all 2d content is converted into 3d than why people cry for lack of content, I dropped Idea of 3d.
3. I was thinking Plasma is out. but samsung 51e8000 or such series 8 model is hit. So now I can buy a LED or Plasma If you say.
4. Sony greymarket discount is 30% what is of samsung ? (price diff in grey and white market)

5. Finally Suggest me SOny or Samsung TV with maximum size (51 to 60 inch)in 71000 Rs in grey market, so that I drop HX750 46 inch.

Also I need you geeks to lighten me about underlined words.

It will be great help from you friends.

(I always buy from Grey and found no Prob in last 15 yrs for sony)

Thanks sir.
46 inch HX750 of sony cost around 72ooo Rs in grey. Please can you suggest any similar budget TV with big size. Should I part 3d facility for extra size?
As 3d is still not much usefull, extra inches will help my 1000 Sqft Hall. Can go for Plasma or LED no issue.

already suggested very correctly....
my suggestion.
go for sony 750 its an excellent tv.no questions asked.dont bother about active or passive 3d unless...only unless you do have a large collection of original 3d bds...means if your plan is to watch original 3d bd often...then yes this dont hurry....
cheack active or passive......
in passive only lg is thgere whose picture quality is not upto the mark with 750.....

if you are thinking about 2d to 3d..........run and get 750...not to tell more..

yes plasma or led..thats a different story....panasonic gt or samsung model you mentioned or sony 750/850 all are exxecelllent tvs...plasma and led has 2 different color pallate,and so people like them for the particuler pallate according to personal taste....like i love plasmas..

Thanks sir.
46 inch HX750 of sony cost around 72ooo Rs in grey. Please can you suggest any similar budget TV with big size. Should I part 3d facility for extra size?
As 3d is still not much usefull, extra inches will help my 1000 Sqft Hall. Can go for Plasma or LED no issue.
As you like plasma please suggest any models for 55 inch or more with good screen.
After Going through this forum I understand that 3d and smart Tv are not more important than Screen / image quality. Am I right in going towards Pure TV with max size I can afford ?

Thanks sir.
As you like plasma please suggest any models for 55 inch or more with good screen.
After Going through this forum I understand that 3d and smart Tv are not more important than Screen / image quality. Am I right in going towards Pure TV with max size I can afford ?

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, there is no any 55 inch plasma TV as far as I know. Some one can correct me if I am wrong. For bigger size and for the similar budget (around 70k for 50 inch), you can either go for 50 inch or 65 inch Panasonic UT50. I would rate UT50 better than HX750. Again, you need to see in your own eyes and find the best for you.

Last edited:
^

Is 65UT50 even available ?

If its available then I'd recommend it too and yes its better than HX750

Yes, you are correct. There is no 65 inch UT50. UT50 comes only upto a max of 50 inch. Thanks for correcting me. 65 inch models are available only from ST50/GT50 series.

In that case, 65 inch ST50 can be an option, but I am not sure if it can fit in your budget. Availibilty is one big problem with Panasonic Plasmas. If you are insisting on 55 inch and above, please check the price of 55 inch HX750 and 65 inch ST50 and also for the availability in the grey market.

^

65ST50/GT50 is also not available AFAIK. Only 65VT30 is available.

I just checked the Panasonic India website and it says 65 inch ST50 is available. At the same time, the stocks may not be there with the dealers.

If eigh insists on 55 inch (and above) and if there are no Panasonic stocks (65 inch) available, then "eigh" is only left with 55HX750. Even Samsung E8000 can be tried. Again, the problem is in the stocks availability of Plasma TVs. I believe you can easily get a 55 inch HX750.

^

65ST50/GT50 are only on the Panasonic India site, not physically available. Or we can say they are there for "namesake" :p

HX750 of 46 inch and bigger are in shortage but will be available after 2-3 days (grey market mumbai, bangalore). In mumbai dealer asking extra 5-7k thats now 78000 rs while b4 diwali it was 70k (Rs-$ rate same). Panasonic 50inch plasma Rate pls. if anybody knows.

Thanks Shanmune. HX750 is also shortage. but in my budget of 70000 rs, i can get maximum of 46 inch HX750 (though showroom price is 1 lac, grey 70k, now 78k as its in shortage, what a pity ). little bigger than my old sony 40 inch LCD. In same pricepoint
if I can get 3d plasma, or simple plasma of 51 to 60 inch, I will go for that. Please tell me the rates and models of any such plasma. Where to buy in mumbai. on 4th of Dec I am in mumbai only to buy a TV.

Go for 50UT50 with closed eyes. No LED or LCD can beat Plasma on PQ, viewing angle and motion. More over Plasma does not give strain on your eyes as like LED's do. another thing you should keep in mind that what is the source of your contents for the TV. If mostly DTH like Tatasky or Dish TV etc. (As you mentioned Bigboss and Doraemon :); you should be aware of the fact that LED Tv's only perform good when the source resolution is HD but they are worst when Source is SD. On the other hand Plasma TV upscales the source resolution to Native resolution and SD channels feels more clear and smooth on a Plasma. u can compare this parallely. And if you are going above 55 inch or so, The SD Channels will look like hell on LED. The last but not least point: You get 3Years Warranty for a panasonic plasma and no warranty on a grey market LED on same price. who knows when you will need it. The HiFi Forum is filled with examples where Panasonic provided upgraded new models of Plasma TV to the owners even in third year of warranty as the purchased model by buyer was discontinued (Double advantage)!!!
GO for 50UT50 or 50ST50 ......

Thanks Shanmune. HX750 is also shortage. but in my budget of 70000 rs, i can get maximum of 46 inch HX750 (though showroom price is 1 lac, grey 70k, now 78k as its in shortage, what a pity ). little bigger than my old sony 40 inch LCD. In same pricepoint
if I can get 3d plasma, or simple plasma of 51 to 60 inch, I will go for that. Please tell me the rates and models of any such plasma. Where to buy in mumbai. on 4th of Dec I am in mumbai only to buy a TV.

go for 50UT50 with closed eyes.....:thumbsup:

Ok. Before I suggest any of the models, I hope you are well aware of the pros and cons of LED vs Plasma. In case if you are going for LED, you alreadty have a clear choice of going with 46HX750. In case you are choosing for Plasma, go for these models in the order of preference.

1. Pana 50ST50 (should come around 95k to 1 Lac) - The best model for the money you pay and we can very well say it stands along with the top reference models.

2. Pana 50UT50 (should come around 70k) - Performance almost on par with 50UT50. You won't see much difference between ST50 and UT50 in terms of PQ.

3. Samy 51E8000 (should come around 90k) - Again, there is nothing so different between Pana and Sammy plasma models in terms of PQ.

You can choose from any of the above models and you will not regret if you choose any one of these. All the price quotes that I mentioned are from the regular dealers. I do not know much about the rates in grey market. Also, I hope some one in the forum will help you in finding the dealers in Mumbai. You can try in Panasonic brand shops (refer Panasonic India website). The biggest advantage I see with Panasonic is the 3 year warranty.
All the best for your new TV purchase.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back